Hello all!
I have been intentionally quiet for the last few months. The reason is I didn't want to put too much out there before the right time.
So far here is the update as it is....
Jeremy's job was outsourced in February.... he started working for the new company (at the old place) April 1. (I may or may not have already posted something about that... I don't remember.)
One of the biggest changes in our lives at this moment is the fact that June 3 was my last day as an active teacher at Bethlehem Christian Academy. For more than a year I have felt the Lord tugging at my heart to seek a new direction in my life. Unfortunately, I wasn't willing to leap out in faith... I didn't want to leave something that I was "comfortable" with (albeit somewhat miserable part of the time). I was "in the groove" and leaving would be hard. This job (flaws and all) still seemed like a respectable career. It seemed like a career that would "make a difference" in someone's life. So, I plugged away. However, earlier this school year, after much prayer, and counsel from people I truly respect, Jeremy and I made the decision that I would not return to BCA for a 5th year.
It was bittersweet. Most of the students and parents took it well... a few were sad. It was nice, to hear, that even when I didn't feel like I was, I was still appreciated. (So, if you have kids and you haven't told your child's teacher you appreciate them... do it! It will make their day, and truly bless their hearts. Because most days I felt like an absolute failure as a teacher... but when someone would actually say some kind word in appreciation, it made me float on cloud nine for a few days. And, if that act of appreciation came in the form of a written sentiment... well, let's just say I probably STILL have it! If it came in a voicemail, I tried to keep it as long as possible, and definitely listened to it on a regular basis.)
I will miss my students from this year, but... the time has come to move on... although really it's "move back." I have decided to move back to working at the place I have truly loved the most throughout my years of working... those of you who know me, will know that place to be Breckenridge Village. I am very excited to start a new ministry... even though it's a different one, it's a journey I look forward to. We have made this leap of faith, and we're seeking the Lord's blessing in this move. I will be working the lunch shift Monday through Friday (and potentially 2 evenings a week while Jer is in school.)
So, as things change for us... please continue to hold us up in prayer. God is talking... and this time we're listening.
Stay tuned for more updates!!

No comments:
Post a Comment