Anna

Thursday, January 17, 2013

56 weeks

We went for a walk since it was a pretty nice day!
56 weeks old!

Trying not to smile...
She's doing well eating these days!

Eating a "Banana Wheel"
(she used to stick it WHOLE in her mouth and scare me to death,
now she nibbles off little pieces with her new found teeth!)
Cheese!!

Mommy did my hair!!

Ahhhh!!!




 Well, I know this post is late.... oh well!  We've been busy!  Last week was my birthday, so it was fun to celebrate with my family of 3.  (Even though last year Anna was here, she was so itty bitty.  This year was a lot of fun!)

I realized why a lot of her pictures these days are either in the bath tub or in her high chair eating... because she can't crawl away!  She's captured!  hahaha!!  I must say, I LOVE the last picture that was posted above.  It was a joint effort with Jeremy and I.  I did her hair and Jeremy got her to make that face.  (We are starting to get that face more and more, but were finally able to capture it.)

This week finally Anna was feeling better.  So that was a plus.  Hopefully we'll get back to our normal sleep routine.

As far as our stats go, here ya go....

I mentioned sleep... sleep has been less than stellar, BUT manageable for the most part.  Anna is still usually getting up once a night.  It is usually about 1:30 when she wakes up.  She's been going down between 8:30 and 9:30 usually closer to 9 or 915.  Anna has also been waking up around 8am.  Occasionally if we have a not as great night, then we  may sleep in a bit.  (And most of you know that I would LOVE to sleep in any day!)  Anna usually takes a 2 or 3 hour nap during the day... starting around 1 or 2.

Eating.  Well, Anna has been eating like crazy! She is doing a lot better trying things, and does well with different textures as well.  Anna usually wakes up and has breakfast.  After breakfast anywhere from a half hour to an hour later she has a bottle.  Then I give her a little bit of a snack between breakfast and lunch.  Around noon Anna has lunch.  Then about 1 or so she has a bottle.  Usually after her nap we have a snack.  Then when daddy gets home we have dinner sometime around 6 or 6:30.  Then we may have a little snack and a bottle or nursing before bed.  She is still waking up once at night to eat.  (It's like it NEVER ends!! AHHH!!!)  Anna is doing better drinking whole milk.  We have been mixing her bottle either half whole milk or a little less maybe 3:1 ratio.  Sometimes she will take a bottle that is straight whole milk.  So I feel like we're getting somewhere.  Most days she has only been nursing morning and night.  So we're doing better backing things off.  I discovered that she loves hotdogs!  (For those of you concerned, she doesn't eat them often, I did cut them up into itty bitty pieces, and they were all beef.... still hot dog... but, every now and then ya gotta splurge, right?)

Anna is doing well in 12 month clothes, but there are a few straggling size 6-9 month clothes (mostly pants).  She is also still in size three diapers and size 2 shoes.  :-)

Anna continues to talk a whole bunch.  She tries to imitate a lot of what we say, even though it doesn't come out that way.  Every morning she greets me with "Bop".  I'm not sure what that means.  I usually try to say "Mama".  She is good at asking for a bottle by saying "Baba".  Anna says: Mama, Dada, and baby regularly as well.  It's so much fun.  I love that she's able to at least mimic if I give her a one syllable word she will give me a 1 syllable word, if I give her a 2 syllable word she will usually give me a 2 syllable word back.

Anyway, that's about it... life is ok right now.  It will be even better when we get on track with sleep.  We love our dear Anna so much!!

Thanks for checking in on us!!


2 comments:

Auntie Katie said...

Don't forget how she can say Katie!

Kellee Flatt said...

She also says "Mimmee"... and "kay-ee"