Anna

Monday, August 6, 2007

Talk about Surprised!!!

Hey everyone!!

I am so excited to report, that as of about 1:00pm on Saturday, August 4, 2007, I was blessed to find out that one of my best friends, Katie is pregnant with her first child. She and her husband are ecstatic.... as well as my husband and I. I know her parents are very excited as well.

It's actually kind of a funny story. She called me on Thursday and left me a voicemail saying she has something so cool to show me... so maybe on Saturday if I'm available.... I could come over for a bit. So my pondering mind was trying to logically figure out what the "cool thing" could be. At first I thought.... ooo maybe they got a puppy. I was hoping for a puppy. But I quickly realized that it wouldn't be a puppy for 2 reasons. (1) She told me a while back that they wouldn't get a dog until after they have kids. (2) I had talked to her a couple times while she was at home, and I didn't hear a puppy. And I'm sure I'd hear a puppy. So I figured, it probably wasn't a puppy. I thought well maybe she's pregnant.... then I figured no, cuz they're two very free spirits, and they're not ready to have a baby. They just got married 18 months ago. And then I thought I had it.... I figured it must be their wedding album. That they finally got their wedding album. So I went to there house about 1pm, and we sat and ate blueberries and chatted. After a little bit, she said to me, "well, we called you over to show you something." Of course I was like "yeah... ooo... let's see." So she told me to close my eyes and put my hands out. So I put my hands out flat, as if to receive a photo album. Only to get my fingers and hands moved so as to hold something smaller. She told me to open my eyes, and to my surprise, what am I holding but an untrasound picture! I screamed!! Dropped the picture, and was like "oh my gosh! Are you kidding me?! Oh my gosh!" And I let out quite a few screams.... and then I gave Katie a hug... then I realize at that point that I was shedding a few tears. I took me completely by surprise!!!!! And here I was... hoping it was a puppy!!

So I'd like to say, once again.... Congrats to Katie and Phil!! Katie is about 10 weeks along... due sometime either late February, or early March.

Soooo... Congrats Guys!! I'm sooooooo happy for you! I can't wait for my almost niece/nephew/God-child to join us in this world. It seems kinda weird to think that Katie is pregnant. But... I am sooo excited for them!! The way I figure it... it's good for me to be a part of this.... if things go well.... who knows maybe we'll have children of our own sometime in the next decade. If it doesn't.... welll... guess you can kiss that thought goodbye!! Hahaha...

Alright, well that's about it!!

No comments: