Anna

Monday, August 6, 2007

Well.....

Well today was my first day off of work. I have about 2 weeks until I have in-service. So, I spent the day doing small errands and basically just chilling. It was very nice and relaxing.

Today, however, did bring about Jer and I going to the eye doctor. We don't have eye insurance through the school's insurance (Jer should be able to get that and dental offered to him in October through his job. We have our medical through the school.). So since my insurance from the day care is good until the end of the month we figured we should take full advantage of it. So we went and had our eyes examined.

Jeremy's eyes have remained the same since his last check. He's going to get new glasses though, because his old ones are too small for his head. :-) I however was surprised to find out I have "convergence insufficiency." It's a condition in which my eye muscles tend to drift outward when I'm looking at things up close (ie reading). It explains the reasons why when I read I tend to skip lines, lose my spot, get tired, or can't focus. So the doctor recommended "comfort reading glasses." Meaning I don't neeeeed them, but if I want to read, then I should use them to be more effective. My eyes see fine as far as distance and such..... perfect!! They just have to work over time to focus on staying on task. So.... I got myself a cute pair! I figure it may give me a little more authority when I teach. hahaha.....

Well that's about it for now! I'm really into blogging these days!! So hopefully someone starts reading!! Haha

No comments: