Anna

Friday, April 10, 2009

Project Mommy... er... Mother Hen.....

So, as of Wednesday I am the proud incubator facilitator to 6 fertilized chicken eggs. 21 days we should see if we have had any success!

I did have a little fun with family and friends on Wednesday. This appeared as my facebook status.....

I'm gonna be a mom!! Sorta... that is.... more like a mother hen, literally... I'm the proud incubator facilitator of 6 chicken eggs! Let's all say some prayers that at least 1 hatches, or I'll have 21 disappointed students... and few parents too... and 1 bummed teacher *ehem.... me!*


Needless to say, those of you facebookers know, that when you are on facebook there is an "online friends tab." When you click on it, it shows all your online friends... and the begining portion of your status... apparently all people saw was "I'm gonna be a mom!" I got several comments on that.

Hehehe... all in good fun. My time shall come... but until then, baby chickens will have to do. They'll have to hold me over for a while. I'll post pictures when I get them. For now, I have 3 eggs in a highly sophisticated incubator at school... and I have 3 others at home in our kitchen incubating, because this is an older incubator, and I have to rotate the eggs by hand a minimum of 3 times a day. So.... we'll see. I'm not too hopeful for this other one... but it was worth a try!

Until the next time!

No comments: