Oh my goodness!! I was so blessed this morning! We visited another church because we saw a sign posted near our house that a nearby Bible believing church (one that we're somewhat familiar with) was having a Fireproof weekend. On Saturday, they showed the movie and had Kirk Cameron (who played firefighter Caleb Holt in the movie) speak afterward. Then, on Sunday he spoke as he kicked off their 7 week series on fireproofing your marriage.
All I have to say, is that Kirk Cameron has such an anointing! He spoke so well. He added a little bit of humor in there... he was so clear, so straightforward. The sermon was a little longer than I was used to... but I didn't notice at all. He was THAT good.
He had 3 points that I'd like to share with you (and for my own reference when I lose the paper I wrote on.)
1) Home problems are heart problems! There is only one person that can fix that... God.
2) We're either signing Sinatra ("My Way) or we're surrendering to self.
3) We need to burn more bridges (to sin) and build more alters (to God, of forgiveness)
I could go on, and on, and on about his sermon. If you'd like to hear this sermon yourself... click here. I also bought his book... it's a great read thus far!
Enjoy!

I took the picture above... I was so excited!
He gave this funny little smirk as I was taking it.
Then I had to "keep the line moving" so I couldn't retake it.
I guess, you take what you can.
He gave this funny little smirk as I was taking it.
Then I had to "keep the line moving" so I couldn't retake it.
I guess, you take what you can.

No comments:
Post a Comment