If you have been watching the ticker, you know I am half way to my weight loss goal.
Back in October 2010 my best friend Kelly was telling me about a "new" (at least new to me) exercise video. She described it as a circuit training type video where you do 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute abs. At the time I was going to the gym for an hour each day after school (with very little to show for it). So I said, sure. Why not! What do I have to lose. The video is called the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels.
She also admitted that when she had done this video before, she had never done more than 3-5 days. So... I was up for the challenge. Since I am an insanely suborn person, I decided to start. I did exactly 30 days straight without a single day off. I was very proud of myself.
When the 30 days was up, I had formed an exercise routine (yay! Finally!) that I enjoyed. So I kept it up.
Needless to say, here I sit, February 1st, 2011... I am half way to my goal to lose 40 pounds. I am so excited at my progress. (And also thrilled that I didn't throw away all my clothes that didn't fit... my wardrobe is nearly brand new now!! It's like shopping in my closet!)
So stay tuned!!
K
Also notice my new ticker.... the days until our Hawaii trip!

No comments:
Post a Comment