Anna

Friday, December 9, 2011

35 weeks!


Your baby is the size of a honeydew melon, and he's now able to suck a nipple.

Baby's Length: 18.19 in.

Baby's Weight: 5.25 lbs.



Our baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in my womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight. At this point, our unborn baby should be positioned with her head facing down (which according to the last two visits...she was/is.). About 97 percent of babies have adopted this position by this point; the rest remain in what's known as breech position -- when the butt or feet are in place to come out first.


How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Not quite sure... think we're about 15 pounds now. YIKES!
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? not that I've seen
Sleep: Other than getting up at night for a bathroom run... sleep this week has actually been GREAT! Still dealing with the numbness, but... it's ok. I enjoy being lulled to sleep by soft (or not so soft) kicks... and being greeted each morning with kicks as well. I have gone back to regularly taking an afternoon nap... it's been a few weeks since I "needed" a nap. I haven't taken one every day this week, but if I'm home around 2-5ish... you can bet that somewhere in there there is an hour-ish block of time that is getting a nap. And boy are those wonderful!!
Best moment this week: baby shower!! It was wonderful, and everything went so well. I am so thankful for the special ladies in my life who love us enough to throw us such a great party!
Movement: She still kicks a lot, but definitely not doing the somersaults any more... which I miss. Sometimes she'd hit an interesting spot, and it would actually tickle.
Food cravings: Anything...
Gender: Girl!!! And now, after the 3d ultrasound, I'm convinced... but... we'll just have to wait and see!!
Name:
We talked about a name, randomly, that we didn't hate. (<--Our random name from a few weeks ago, is really growing on me... could it be??) :-) Either way, we will probably not be announcing it until she is really here.
Labor Signs
: Nope... at least not that I know of... definitely getting some random tightening which I have been told are the great Braxton Hicks contractions... but, honestly, if I'm not sitting still, I do not notice them.
Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely flattening out. I'm pretty sure it will stay in though at this point.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, Starbuck's Chai Tea Latte, eating carbs during the day

What I am looking forward to: Meeting the little princess... and getting the thank you cards from our shower done... not necessarily in that order though. I am also looking forward to the day when our large pile of thank you cards are all done! I am also looking forward to Jer's graduation on the 18th... so about a week and a half from now!!

Weekly Wisdom: Savor this time...


Well, it has been a calm week here. Most of the week our house was in total disarray due to the stuff from our shower last Saturday and the lack of motivation or desire to move it all to the babies room. I have been working pretty hard (for the most part) on meeting my daily quota of thank you notes each night. This is our off-week for our doctors' appointments... so we didn't have to go. That was a good thing, and I even welcomed the break. I've worked some this week, with a full working weekend ahead of me. The next few weeks will be very busy... and that doesn't include if I were to spontaneously go into labor. Hahaha...

Other than that, we're just taking inventory of things that we still need for the baby... which at this point isn't much that we "need" just more a few things that we'd like to make our lives a little easier. I did spend a good portion of time organizing and cleaning things from the shower, so... hopefully we'll get a handle on things.

Anyway, I know this is a super boring post... because this week has been very uneventful. (Which is good in light of how busy the next few weeks will be.)

Everyone, have a great, great week ahead!!

As always, thanks for checking in on us....

No comments: