Anna

Friday, April 20, 2012

18 weeks!!





Well, the pictures above sort of show exactly how our little princess is becoming such a ham... and how she has discovered her hands, AND discovered that when she puts things in her hands, not only can she feel it, but she can put that object in her mouth!!

I can honestly say that the weeks are flying by now... and that I look forward to, and am savoring every moment with my little girl. This week (Monday) was her 4 month birthday. I couldn't believe it when I woke up on Monday that she was 4 months old already. Where is time going?? I am absolutely loving her little personality. I adore her little laugh! I try to make her laugh at least once each day. That doesn't sound like a whole lot, but I still haven't found the consistent trigger that will "always make her laugh." In fact most of the time there isn't the same thing 2 days in a row. So, she's keeping me on my toes, and forcing me to be creative! Tonight, she liked when I sort of tickled her lip with her toes... yep.. her very own toes!! haha... It was cute, and she giggled.

This week Anna started sitting regularly in her bumbo seat! She really likes it, and it's darling to see her play with some toys on her little tray. As you can see from the picture above (mid yawn) that sometimes playing can be exhausting. When Anna is not in her bumbo seat, she is most likely on her play mat swatting at toys (and sometimes chewing on them), swinging in her swing (and sometimes sleeping in her swing), or playing in her exersaucer/jumper. Those are the "hot" toys these days. I love that she is enjoying the jumper, because it has buttons to push that light up, more toys to bat at, a little spinny wheel thing... it's just fun to see her figure it out.

Anna still loves her bath! And really, we're getting near the end of her baby bathtub. We really need to invest in some sort of bath seat ASAP! Another thing that she likes is the gypsy mama wrap. It's like a moby wrap, but a different brand. She loves to face outward, and kick her feet. It's so funny. And regularly the moving around makes her fall asleep! (So then I turn her around and she snuggles in, or I put her in her crib or pack n play!)

This week, I started transitioning her out of 0-3 month clothes and into 3-6 month clothes. Our little diva has short legs though, so some of the 3-6 month pants are still a little on the long side... but the 0-3 month shirts/onesies are just getting way too small. (Babies should not have cleavage!) This newness brings on a whole new set of fun, as we have sooooooooo many new clothes to choose from. I love it!! Such a diva.

I did not have her weighed this week, so I can't update that... but she is still is in size 2 diapers, and I think will be in them for a little bit longer.

As far as sleep goes, we are doing so much better. She slept through the night on Monday... and sort of on Thursday night. Sooo wooohoo! Otherwise she is getting up once a night between 3-5, and then will usually sleep til closer to 9 unless we have some place to be early.

She doesn't have teeth yet, but I think it's only a matter of time... she is a drooooool machine!

Well, that's about it for now... this week was extremely busy for us, as Jeremy's grandfather passed away. So, hopefully sometime before next week, I'll be able to put pictures up from our vacation last week.

Thanks for checking in on us!

1 comment:

Auntie Katie said...

What a big, beautiful girl! I cannot wait to see her soon,