![]() | ||||||||||||
| I'm 43 weeks old!! |
![]() |
| At cousin Brad and Ali's wedding in Lewisburg, PA |
![]() |
| A much different smile from Gina (see post around December 23, 2011... she looked petrified.) |
![]() |
| How do you occupy a 9 1/2 month old while waiting for gym class to start? |
![]() |
| By taking pictures where she can see herself, of course! |
![]() |
| Another meal... silly faces. |
![]() |
| Grandma C thought we needed some shoes, so she bought Anna these ones! LOVE them! They're sooooo cute! |
![]() |
| We went to the zoo on the sort of chilly Friday. But we had a lot of fun! |
As the weeks pass, I get a little more anxious that I'm closer and closer to having a toddler, as opposed to a baby. However, we are making GREAT strides each and every day (and week). Some nights I'm so excited to wake up in the morning and be about our business for that day... Anna is an AWESOME baby! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her personality... and every day, it seems to get better. Sure we have good days, and probably still some bad days too, but we're awesome. It's amazing how different a tune I am singing a month after starting our dear on pepcid. It is like night and day. I thank God once more for a doctor who was willing to listen to a hopeless mother, and for medication that works!
Anna's sleep habits are getting better and better each day it seems. Most days this week she woke up once. Many days it was about 2:30am, once it was 6am,and last night she slept THROUGH the night! When she does wake up, she eats, and goes right back to sleep, and then either wakes on her own, or I wake her up around 8-8:15. Friday, we slept in until almost 9. It was heavenly!!Last night she went to sleep a little bit before 9, and woke up at 8:20 on her own. What an awesome night! Many of the parents from our birth class would talk about how their babies would sleep 12 hours at night.... I longed for that day, and even doubted we'd ever get there. This is the first night that she actually came REALLY close to 12 hours without waking. I could soooooooo get used to that! She's asleep now, after falling asleep about 8:45. So, we'll see how tonight goes!
Anna is also doing very well eating. As the picture above shows, she enjoys the baby food that comes in the pouch... and has even done very well feeding herself from those. I like when she does that, but it's kind of sad that she doesn't need my help as much any more. However, I take it all as a sign that she is developing well (and of course, is a baby genius!!). Every now and then she tries to smack the pouch when it's on her try to make a mess... but Jeremy and I are pretty good at catching her telling her "No" and taking it away when she does this. Anna is also enjoying puffs, cheese, gluten free bread, chicken, rice crispies, and yogurt melts. She will eat yogurt, but only a bite or two. I think it's because I have to feed her it, and she can't do it herself. In time, little girl.. in time. I love that she's usually willing to try a food item, and very quickly you find out if she is going to like it (for that sitting) or not. She is still nursing every 2-3 hours... but many times it is closer to 3 or more.
Anna and I were busy on Thursday so I don't know how much she weighs.. it must be at least 18 pounds by now, I imagine, if not it's very close to it. She is still in 6-9 month clothes, and still in size 3 diapers. This week, Grandma C took her shoe shopping. We went to Stride Rite where she got 3 pairs of shoes (the shoes pictures above, slipper shoes, and boots -- mommy couldn't resist the boots... they were on sale!). They're really fun to have her wear. Anna is "almost in size 2" shoes.
Crawling has been mostly Anna's preferred mode of transportation. She isn't too fast, but she can get to wherever she wants to go. I have seen her trying to pull herself up on a few things in our living room (the jumper, her toy basket, or an ottoman). So, she's trying.
Our little girl is so precious. We just love her so much!
That's about it for now.... thanks for checking in on us!!










1 comment:
5 days! I can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment