Anna

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wekk 59

This was taken on a Sunday after church (?)...
She was lookin good!

Less than 24 hours later...
She looked like this...

48 hours later...
Sad, sick baby.


Mommy likes baby snuggles, but not at the expense of the baby...

So what do you give a baby when she is sick and won't eat any meals?
Pedialyte Popsicles of course!!
She liked gnawing on a peeled carrot for about .3 secconds.. then threw it on the floor.
(Don't worry, she was carefully supervised so she wouldn't break off a piece and choke!)

Yay Pedialyte for making such a delicious frozen remedy!

By the end of the week, she started feeling better.


This past week was probably one of the worst weeks for our little princess.  She came down with a dreadful "cold" that was accompanied by a fever.  The fever lasted for 4 days before it finally broke.  Then her nose started running, and then she started to get a cough.  We were down for about 6 days this week.  Mommy felt like she was on house arrest!  It was super sad.  So there won't be that much to update for this week.

I do know how much she weighed this past week, because on Monday when she first came down with the fever, I took her in to have her ears checked (per the doc if she came down with a cold, bring her in!).  She was just shy of 20 pounds.  Still in size 3 diapers, size 2 shoe, and mostly 12 month clothes.

Eating this week... well it was mostly bottles.  Occasionally she'd take a cheerio from me, but I think that was only to be nice... most of the time she was just not interested in anything but a bottle.  I didn't mind too much, as long as she was getting something particularly liquids.  Pedialyte popscicles and pedialyte juice boxes were also a favorite.  (Much better than the last time we tried to give it to her and had to force feed her the pedialyte!)

As far as sleep goes, I was actually pleasantly surprised she slept as well as she did.  She definitely didn't "over" sleep.  She may have taken a little bit longer naps... but she wasn't sleeping all day most of last week.  The first two days she was pretty sleepy, and miserable.  Most of the nights she slept all night, waking/crying only a little bit, and according to jeremy who was up at the time, she never really woke.. and didn't need to be consoled or anything.  So, I was pleasantly surprised.  I thought she'd do much, much worse.

Anna wasn't really too interested in talking, or playing this week, so I don't have too much to update in that department.

I do want to thank those of you who prayed for us, knowing we were under the weather.  God is good! As I mentioned in the pictures above, I love baby snuggles, but I hate when it comes at the expense of my princess.... although, sweet memories were made by me as I just rocked and held her.... she's not usually too much for snuggling.  She's usually on the go go go go!!  (I knew she was really sick, when she sat on my lap and for the most part watched Sister Act and Sister Act 2 back to back without ever attempting to get off my lap!)

Anyway, thanks for checking in on us!!

No comments: