
Our baby is the size of a head of iceberg lettuce, and she takes 20 to 30 minute naps regularly these days.
Baby's Length: 14.80 in.
Baby's Weight: 2.22 lbs.
By this week, our baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. Until now, her eyelids have been fused shut, but this week she'll begin to open and close her eyes. What's more, her irises are now filled with pigment. Even if you could peek at the color of her peepers now, though, they might not stay that color, as a baby's eyes can change up until she's 6 months to 1 year old (especially if your little gal is born with baby blues).With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 13 lbs...according to my last dr. appointment...
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? not that I've seen
Sleep: On and off. Still dealing with the numbness in my hands when I sleep... but I did find out that is sometimes a symptom/side effect of gestational diabetes
Best moment this week: Baby shower last Saturday, and spending time with Jer
Movement: She moves around a lot! She's a wild girl!! L.O.V.E. it!! It's still funny she doesn't really like people touching my belly, she often will kick less... but if you wait for it, you can usually get a kick or two. Or if you'd rather just watch, you can see it!
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, just food when we're hungry.
Gender: Girl!!! (Or so they say...)
Name:We're working on it... I think we' have our back-up boy name if she turns out to be a he... but we're struggling more with girly names. I think we have a middle name... but, the first name, a little more tricky. :-) Either way, we will probably not be announcing it until she is really here.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely flattening out.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach <----- still what I miss the most!
What I am looking forward to: January!!
Weekly Wisdom: "Faith is thanking God that when I am left with shattered plans, He has better plans."
Well, this week definitely started off rough. I heard from my midwife on Monday morning as I was headed out for work. We did not pass the 3 hour glucose.... not by much, but not passing, is not passing. :-( So, I spent most of Monday in a very emotional state. This is definitely not what we hoped for, not what we prayed for and NOT what we wanted. But after some wise counsel with some friends, I have come to terms with it. (See the above "weekly wisdom" statement.) I know there is a reason for this... and quite frankly, I am glad that it's found out so that we can be aware and change things. On the other hand I struggle, because I really feel that the 3 hour glucose test is not an accurate reflection of my lifestyle at all. (Thus explaining why I never test positive at the office during the routine urine tests.) I mean, who drinks straight up liquified sugar?? Not me, that's for sure!! I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the occasional sweets, but who doesn't? I would personally love to take the test again, but do it with real food that I might actually eat (like pancakes with syrup, or a nice tall glass or orange juice... or maybe some ice cream!!). Oh well... this is all part of God's plan. So this week has been spent really reducing carbs (crap I love pasta!!), and loading up on lots of protein (which is recommended from the Bradley class anyway). I am not looking forward to the finger stabbing... but, we'll see. I'm still waiting for my phone call from the nurse & dietitian to call. (Obviously I'm a top priority case!)
Well, if you're thinking of us, please say a prayer... because my attitude is not the greatest when it comes to "testing my blood sugar." I can handle diet all the way... but, that makes me a little um... crabby and anxious. (As most of you know, I'm a needle-a-phobe... the blood draws were enough for me!)
Anyway, thanks for checking in on us!!

1 comment:
So should Todd and I bring our own food to Christmas dinner? Between you guys and the parents I think we are gonna need to stop and grab something...just kidding.
You are a great kom already! Way to look out for that baby girl. Take good care of her!
Love ya. Kt
Post a Comment