Anna

Friday, October 7, 2011

Woohoo 26 weeks!

Well, we have made it to the 26 week mark. It wasn't that much of a difference from my perspective from week 25. Now, let's see what our princess is up to...

Your baby is nearly as long as a zucchini, and his eyebrows and eyelashes are thick and lush.

Baby's Length: 14.02 in.

Baby's Weight: 1.68 lb.

The network of nerves in our baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both my voice and Jeremy's as we chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 9 lbs...according to my last dr. appointment... next appointment is this Tuesday!
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? not that I've seen
Sleep: On and off. Still dealing with the numbness in my hands when I sleep... I haven't been sleeping with the braces this week... and half the days, my hands haven't been numb... so, who knows what's going on.
Best moment this week: Sleeping in this morning!! (The simple things.)
Movement: Most nights when I'm laying in bed... trying to fall sleep or simply when I sit still. Starting to feel her more throughout the day still mostly when I'm sitting.
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, just food when we're hungry.
Gender: Girl!!! (Or so they say...)
Name:We're working on it... I think we' have our back-up boy name if she turns out to be a he... but we're struggling more with girly names. I think we have a middle name... but, the first name, a little more tricky. :-) Either way, we will probably not be announcing it until she is really here.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely flattening out.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach<----- still what I miss the most!
What I am looking forward to: Jeremy being able to finally feel her move.
Weekly Wisdom: As I was waiting for my blood to be drawn for the glucose tolerance test, (man that stuff was gross!) a resident from Breckenridge came in to the lab. She sat down right next to me... her words of wisdom? Don't get gout. So... I guess that's it for the week. haha...

Well, that's about it for this week! We have our next appointment this Tuesday. I'm hoping to hear the results of the GTT that we did this morning then. I was a little nervous since diabetes runs so prevalent in my family... but, it is all in God's hands.

All right, well thanks for checking in on us! Maybe next week there will even be a picture update! haha... we'll see!

No comments: