Our baby is the size of a head of cauliflower, and she's growing fast! Since the 12-week mark her crown-to-rump length has probably tripled. Baby's Length: 14.41 in.
Baby's Weight: 1.93 lb
This week, our baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, our baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so I just relax and enjoy the tickle.
How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 13 lbs...according to my last dr. appointment...
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? not that I've seen
Sleep: On and off. Still dealing with the numbness in my hands when I sleep...
Best moment this week: Jer finally got to feel her kick! It was pretty cool, and definitely brought a smile to his face. (I think she has him wrapped around her little itty-bitty finger.)
Movement: Most nights when I'm laying in bed... trying to fall sleep or simply when I sit still. Starting to feel her more throughout the day still mostly when I'm sitting.
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, just food when we're hungry.
Gender: Girl!!! (Or so they say...)
Name:We're working on it... I think we' have our back-up boy name if she turns out to be a he... but we're struggling more with girly names. I think we have a middle name... but, the first name, a little more tricky. :-) Either way, we will probably not be announcing it until she is really here.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely flattening out.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach <----- still what I miss the most!
What I am looking forward to: Baby Shower # 1 tomorrow with Jer's family.
Weekly Wisdom: "Kellee - you must remember that this test is not a reflection of your character or your genetic pedigree - you can do everything right and still have this issue to deal with. However, I will pray for the best outcome for you and the baby." -given to me in regards to the glucose tolerance test/gestational diabetes.
Well, we're in our final week of the 2nd trimester. It seems like she'll be here so soon! Kind of crazy when I think about it. We love her so much, and can't wait to meet her! This week has been kind of a crazy one. I started off the 26th week with the 1 hour glucose test last week. Ugh... that was awful. 50ml of "glucola" (think watered down orange flavor kool-aid crossed with excessively sugary flat pop-- have I painted the picture for you?), and 3 vials of blood drawn.
We had an appointment with our midwife on Tuesday to be informed that we failed the glucose tolerance test. So yesterday we had to go back to the lab for the 3 hour glucose test... this time it was 100mL of glucola, and 3 hours of time, and 4 blood draws. My arm was a little...err... a lot sore by the time I was done. So, we may know the results today, but I am super apprehensive, and not quite sure I want to even hear the results.... but.... hopefully, we'll come back as passing with flying colors.
Tomorrow, little princess and I have our first shower given to us by my sister-in-law for predominantly Jer's family. Should be a fun time!! We're excited!!
Well, thanks for checking in... I'm already excited about next week's post, our first in the 3rd trimester!! Rah rah! Gooo Jellee!!

No comments:
Post a Comment