
Your baby is the size of a jicama, and by now all of her major organs, except for her lungs, are fully functioning.
Baby's Length: 16.69 in.
Baby's Weight: 3.75 lbs.
By now, our baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) (she's more than likely bigger than her mama was at birth weight) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in my uterus (and pretty much everywhere else in my thoracic cavity). I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz) (<---- could this be the cause of my recurring heartburn/reflux?). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 15 lbs...according to my last dr. appointment...but I may be back down to 13 since I've been walking a lot this week to help keep the blood sugar down.
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? not that I've seen
Sleep: Other than getting up at night for a bathroom run... sleep this week has actually been GREAT! Still dealing with the numbness, but... it's ok. I enjoy being lulled to sleep by soft (or not so soft) kicks... and being greeted each morning with kicks as well. I have gone back to regularly taking an afternoon nap... it's been a few weeks since I "needed" a nap. I haven't taken one every day this week, but if I'm home around 2-5ish... you can bet that somewhere in there there is an hour-ish block of time that is getting a nap.
Best moment this week: Sunday
Movement: Lots! Pretty much any time I'm sitting/laying still. Sometimes I don't even have to be THAT still either.
Food cravings: Anything... although this week I seem to really enjoy anything with cinnamon. (Which is good, because cinnamon is supposed to help regulate blood sugar.). I am also enjoying that my nightly routine seems to be eat a yummy dessert later in the evening, and my blood sugar is better in the morning. (DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT FACT ONE BIT, but I'll take it) I don't usually eat anything desserty during the day, but at night has been GREAT!!
Gender: Girl!!! (Or so they say...)
Name: We talked about a name, randomly, that we didn't hate. (<--Our random name from last week, is really growing on me... could it be??) :-) Either way, we will probably not be announcing it until she is really here.
Labor Signs: Nope... at least not that I know of.
Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely flattening out.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, Starbuck's Chai Tea Latte, eating carbs during the day.
What I am looking forward to: An evening without heartburn/reflux (whatever it is that is plaguing me.) And eating a meal without having anxiety that I will then have to stab myself 2 hours later.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't feel bad about taking a nap if you're tired.
I always write my posts usually on Thursday evening so they are ready to post for Friday. So this post is no different... except I had an appointment with my midwife this morning at 8:30am. It is now 5:39pm... and I've been home for about 15 minutes. :-)
As it was, my blood pressure was good this morning. The baby was measuring at the correct size. The urinalysis came back fine. My blood sugar log looked good. Everything was going great! In fact my midwife was so pleased with my blood sugar counts, that she said if I can keep it up for the next week, then I can go down to 2 sticks a day instead of 4. Soo... everything was going great... then they took the baby's hear rate. It was a little slow... they said she might have been sleeping. So they wanted to put me on some monitors for a little bit. So I sat in a [cold] room and was monitored for 30-45 minutes. During this time, the monitors showed that I was having contractions every 4 minutes or so. Contractions I wasn't feeling, by the way.
So then, that led to a few internal exams (lucky me)... and then orders to go straight to the hospital where the other midwife was expecting me. So I called Jer (who as always, is a fabulous husband), and told him what was up. (Of course, this would be the day I would forget my cell phone at home.) So I arrived there about 11 am.
I had the pleasure of being hooked up, yet again, to monitors for the next hour or so. Gave them my test bags (that were taken at the office), gave them yet another urine sample. And sat and waited. Jer got there around 12.... bringing my lifeline...aka my cell phone.
Then they so graciously gave me a complementary bag of IV fluids... still being monitored.... while waiting for the test results to come back.
After bag 1, the midwife came back... we talked. My test results looked good. I got yet another internal exam (again, lucky, lucky me) to determine that I still hadn't dilated any.... then told I should be given another half bag of fluids at a ridiculous rate... and that I could leave after that.
Soo... all this fun in 1 day. I'm exhausted. However, the baby checked out fine. Good strong heartbeat. (They said she was the most well behaved baby on the floor. And no, she wasn't the only baby.) She still does not like monitors... as she kicked it several times. (Making Jer and I laugh.) But for now, I have no restrictions. I'm not going to work the weekend... and I will just take it easy. We are thanking and praising God for keep our little girl and myself safe today. We're grateful to be home, resting in our own bed (or on the couch, as it may apply).
So, keep praying for us. We want to go AT LEAST another 2 weeks to 34... but obviously 35+ is better. So, lets pray for NO ACTION until she's fully cooked!! I know, life out here must sound exciting... but we'd like our baby to be well done, not rare. So, pray for us. We'd all appreciate it. So, now since all of this came about today, I get to go every week to the doctor now.
32 Weeks
Thanks for checking in on us.


1 comment:
I' am so happy you and baby girl are home resting safe and sound...just bake her for 4 more weeks so we can see her! You look stunning as well.
Post a Comment