
Your baby is the size of a large cabbage, and by now he has developed all five senses.
Baby's Length: 15.71 in.
Baby's Weight: 2.91 lbs.
Our baby hasn't gained much weight or height this week, as most of her energy's been channeled to brain development. Our baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus.
Big news for baby's brain this week: It's starting to wrinkle and fold and looks like something that grew in the back of your fridge. This is due to the rapid growth of your little genius's brain cells. Other highlights this week:
Fingernails and toenails are finally finished—causing her parents great fear and anguish the first time they try to cut those little daggers! Plus, the bone marrow is completely in charge of red-blood-cell production now. This is a good thing!
She is starting to shed her lanugo—the downy hair that was covering her skin. Now that she's chubbier and better able to regulate her body temp, she doesn't need to sport a fur coat 24/7.
"I spy an umbilical cord and the inside of my mom's uterus!" When our baby is awake, her eyes are now wide open and she's whittling away the hours looking around, checking out his rather dark, limited environs. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 13 lbs...according to my last dr. appointment...(slightly frightened for the next one....we'll see)
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? not that I've seen
Sleep: Other than getting up at night for a bathroom run... sleep this week has actually been GREAT! Still dealing with the numbness, but... it's ok.
Best moment this week: Hearing the words... "Your crib and dresser are in." So... hopefully this week, we can get some progress made in the baby's room.
Movement: She moves around a lot! She's a wild girl!! L.O.V.E. it!! It's still funny she doesn't really like people touching my belly, she often will kick less... but if you wait for it, you can usually get a kick or two. Or if you'd rather just watch, you can see it! I have found myself being lulled to sleep by some fun, gentle kicks. I've also found that if I'm not getting a bunch of kicks before I sleep, then if I take some REALLY large deep breaths... she "wakes up." And does then starts kicking a bunch. (Revenge maybe?) hahaha... I love it though!
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, just food when we're hungry. On the top of the list is diet, caffeine free pop... (I found a 12 pack in my basement of diet, caffeine free coke... no idea when it arrived, how it got there, or anything about it... but I'm glad its here!! Also it's nice because it's out of the way, and out of sight, therefore out of mind.... so I haven't been going to town, only because I have to actually really WANT it. Haha... it's good to have a little self control forced on you.)
Gender: Girl!!! (Or so they say...)
Name:We're working on it... I think we have our back-up boy name if she turns out to be a he... but we're struggling more with girly names. I think we have a middle name... but, the first name, a little more tricky. :-) Either way, we will probably not be announcing it until she is really here.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely flattening out.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach <----- still what I miss the most!
What I am looking forward to: Baby Shower in December!!
Weekly Wisdom: Do I have any this week? eh... I don't know that I do....
Well, this week has been ok. Not too much to discuss. We've kept Jeremy busy with people needing computers fixed. So, I've been appreciative that my back hasn't been as sore this week as it was in the past week(s). (Because when my back hurts we watch tv upstairs where the heating pad is when he fixes computers, in this case, he's downstairs in the living room.)
We have an upcoming appointment on Monday morning (8am no less!). At the last appointment the midwife said that after this appointment we would start going to twice a month appointments. Welcome to the homestretch!! On Tuesday we're supposed to meet with a nutritionist about the whole gestational diabetes issue. I'm not too hopeful that she'll tell me anything new that I don't already know (remember, 2 diabetic parents?). But, I'll go... we'll see! Maybe I'll learn something.
Bradley classes are going well. We're learning a lot. Although, I wish I were more diligent with the exercises than I actually am. The classes have been good and very informative.
We also took our hospital tour...and other than the women took 20-30 minutes showing us HOW to get to the maternity ward... that was also a very good experience. The only thing that was weird was that the women said they don't let you plug in electronics. "All we need is one person to not take care of their electrical cord, then there's a spark, and the whole hospital is in jeopardy." A little paranoid, no?
Anyway, we have 10 weeks to go!!
Thanks for checking in with us this week! Later this evening I'll be posting a 30 week picture. Stay tuned.

1 comment:
Yay for 30 week pictures!!!
I can't wait to see your 34 week belly!
Love you and sweet baby girl so much!
Post a Comment