Anna

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for being 33 weeks!


Your baby is as big as a pineapple, and she's starting to shed her downy hair, called lanugo.

Baby's Length: 17.20 in.

Baby's Weight: 4.23 lbs.


Our baby doesn't have much elbow room these days -- that's probably going to mean fewer elbow jabs to the ribs for me. Because space in my uterus is running out, our baby becomes less active at this point in the pregnancy. I may also notice that her movements are affected by my daily routine -- how much and when I eat, what position I am in and sounds from the world outside can all affect my baby's activity level.

She's also rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

How far along? 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure... somewhere between 12-15 lbs. And probably today (Thanksgiving when I'm writing this), It's at least 20. hahaha... Jellee and I enjoyed Thanksgiving meals today!!
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? not that I've seen
Sleep: Other than getting up at night for a bathroom run... sleep this week has actually been GREAT! Still dealing with the numbness, but... it's ok. I enjoy being lulled to sleep by soft (or not so soft) kicks... and being greeted each morning with kicks as well. I have gone back to regularly taking an afternoon nap... it's been a few weeks since I "needed" a nap. I haven't taken one every day this week, but if I'm home around 2-5ish... you can bet that somewhere in there there is an hour-ish block of time that is getting a nap.
Best moment this week:
Taking a walk around the block with Jeremy a couple times this week.
Movement
: Lots! Pretty much any time I'm sitting/laying still. Sometimes I don't even have to be THAT still either.
Food cravings:
Anything...
Gender: Girl!!! (Or so they say... hopefully our 3d ultrasound will confirm this suspicion)
Name:
We talked about a name, randomly, that we didn't hate. (<--Our random name from last week, is really growing on me... could it be??) :-) Either way, we will probably not be announcing it until she is really here.
Labor Signs
: Nope... at least not that I know of... definitely getting some random tightening which I have been told are the great Braxton Hicks contractions... but, honestly, if I'm not sitting still, I do not notice them.
Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely flattening out. I'm pretty sure it will stay in though at this point.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, Starbuck's Chai Tea Latte, eating carbs during the day.
What I am looking forward to: 3d Ultrasound, and baby shower next week
Weekly Wisdom: Use my energy to be productive with baby stuff


Well this week was a pretty good week. FAR less eventful than last week. On Tuesday we had a follow-up appointment just to check on the sweet inner princess and to confirm that all the fun from last Friday was just "fake fun" and that those contractions didn't actually do anything. So, as it was, when all my labs came back, they decided that I had an asymptomatic UTI and that's what was causing the contractions. So on Monday night, I started a round of antibiotics... and honestly after a few days, I haven't really felt any tightness at all... so... that's a good thing. It means little miss Jellee is happy and content to stay where she is for a little while longer! (At least 2-4 weeks....)

I have also been extremely blessed this week by the kindness and thoughtfulness of my very own husband. It's been so nice to be pampered. He has been extremely helpful in so many little ways... it just takes my breath away. It just solidifies what I've known for a while... he's going to be a great dad!

As mentioned before, I am writing this the night of Thanksgiving (the even of 33 weeks officially) because tomorrow is going to be quite busy. Tomorrow around noon we are scheduled to have a 3d ultrasound. I am very excited about this!! It will be so neat to see what our little jewel looks like... although I suspect she'll be slightly squishy looking since she's very quickly running out of room. Haha... But it will be fun. I also hope that they can confirm that she is indeed a she.... I'm not expecting any surprises, but if we're going to be surprised, it would be great to find out before the big baby shower!! hahaha... After the ultrasound, my wonderful sister-in-law and I are probably going to tackle some of the baby's room. Doing laundry and getting things organized... and maybe even moving the furniture around a bit so that I can enjoy the set up instead of tolerating the set up. (hehe) So tomorrow will be busy... busy.

Other than that, we enjoyed a fantastic Thanksgiving with our families. It was full of good food, and laughter. I spent the morning compiling a list of things I was thankful for. Even though it was 100 things, I probably could have gone on and on for at least another 100. :-) God has been soo good to us. There is so much that I have to be thankful for. One of the things I mentioned was my glucose meter. While I do despise it, I'm also thankful for it. I'm thankful for a method with which to keep me accountable. I am thankful that conditions such as gestational diabetes can be found, and monitored. I also look forward to another week or so of good readings... so that our hopeful goal of going down to testing twice a day may actually be realized. I also find it a whole time of growth for me. Those of you who know me, know I am quite the freakazoid when it comes to needles... and especially so when it comes to self inflicting pain... while I will admit, I do not like it one bit, and it still causes a bit of anxiety... I have come to realize just how much my love for my baby is... that this little one has me soooo wrapped around her finger, that I am willing to do whatever it is to ensure her health and safety, no matter the discomfort it may cause me. I may never be a fan of needles... and I may always be a freakazoid, but... God is still working on me and making me stronger and stronger each day through different experiences.

Well,this is the off week for pictures, we seem to do one every 2 weeks. So.. I will leave you with the thought that we're a month away from Christmas... and there is SOOOO much to do!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, safe and family-filled Thanksgiving!

Thanks for checking in on us!

No comments: