
Your baby is the size of a Crenshaw melon, and this week dimples are forming at his elbows and knees as his body grows rounder.
Baby's Length: 18.66 in.
Baby's Weight: 5.78 lbs.
Our baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Our baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, our baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly. Of course, the last 2 appointments, the midwife has thought that she is head down. So, hopefully there will be no need for this coaxing.
I remember when it was a few weeks ago when we had a small simple goal of "make it another 3 weeks." Now it just seems like that was a long long time ago. Hahaha... instead of just a month ago. I am thankful and grateful each day for our little darling. I am so thankful for the days she is very active and kicking and pushing on my rib cage. (When she's less active it just stresses me out. Rightfully so, right?)
I will be posting this on Thursday night (the eve of 36 week day), because tomorrow will be very busy. We do have a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, so I'm hoping that we'll get a little bit of info on how we are doing together, Jellee and I. Hopefully, we'll hear the words "progress," or maybe even the word "dilated." hehehe... While I am not uncomfortable at all (except for some random pains), I am just getting very very very excited to meet our little darling. So, that's where I'm at at this point. I will also try to post a picture of the 36 week baby belly picture. Soo... be on the look out.
All right, well that is about it for now. Thanks for checking in on us. If there is any news of progress, I will try to post it in with the picture. Soo.. here's to hoping!!

2 comments:
Ooo... I'm dying for you to hear dilated!
I was right! She's here and she is perfect!
Post a Comment