What. A. Whirlwind!I still cannot believe that instead of having the typical week by week pregnancy update, I now will have a week by week baby update. It still just seems unreal that we have her here with us. Sometimes I just feel like I will just wake up and realize it was all a dream.
To sum up our week, it has been busy... and a week of adjustments. God has been so good to us. Even though some days seemed to drag on, with very little change from day to day (except for who visited us on a given day)... the week has also flown by.
Our days pretty much consist of (at this point) the cliche: eating, sleeping and pooping. :-) But really, she is such a joy. We've sort of fallen into a good steady routine for the most part.
This is how our week went....
Friday night, obviously, we had precious Anna, so... that was the excitement of the day!!
Saturday was filled with the "what now?" type of adjustments. Filled with some visitors, and vital signs being checked, and naps on and off. (More off than on, though.) Sunday evening we spent most of it at the hospital waiting to be discharged... and we got home around 8:45. Our first night home, wasn't too bad. She slept on and off, and Jer and I tag-teamed it really well. My dad came over on Monday to help out, hold the baby, and let me sleep... so that was nice, especially since Jer went into work for a few hours. My mom came on Monday night and stayed with us to help out. Bless her heart, Anna gave her a run for her money. She definitely didn't sleep very well. :-( Tuesday, dad came over again... and I took a good nap, again. We had a few visitors as well. Wednesday we had our first visit with the pediatrician. Anna checked out well, but they noticed her bilirubin levels were a little high (jaundice). So, Wednesday night we had a little glow worm baby because she had to sleep on the Bili-blanket (which is more of a belt, really) all night. Thursday, we went back to the lab to have a blood sample taken. The Lord answered our prayers, and her bilirubin levels were low enough that she didn't have to stay on the Bili-blanket. Friday, we went back for yet another lab to be taken for the sweet princess (she did well with the sticks, really... I had Jer take her back while I went for a little walk). We still haven't heard about the labs, so hopefully we can assume her levels are continuing to go down. Friday night also brought about our first Christmas gathering with family... namely out of state cousins of which I haven't seen in a few years. Lots of fun. Anna was definitely spoiled by her Auntie and the others who held her so sweetly while I talked, and ate.
We are very excited to celebrate Christmas this Sunday with our new family of 3, as well as my family. It is sad, that we will be unable to celebrate with Jer's side of the family on Christmas Eve since we aren't supposed to be traveling more than an hour away (she didn't pass her car seat test... a 90 minute test that checks the vitals of premies while riding in the car seat). But next year, with our 1 year old, we will definitely have fun celebrating.
Well, that's about it, I know this is sort of rambling... but once I figure out how i want to organize posts about Anna, then I will not ramble nearly as much. (But I didn't want to forget our first week as parents.)
For now.. that's all I've got. Gotta go get some sleep before our next feeding session.
Thanks for checking in on us.

2 comments:
Kellee:
I am Leveta .A friend of Pam's and read your blog from hers' Congraturlations on the bith of your daughter.SHe is precious and I love her name.
Leveta
Thanks Leveta! Have a very merry Christmas!! Give Pam a hug for us!!
Post a Comment