This week has been fun. Really fun! And more importantly drama-free. Week 8 has been one of the best so far!
One thing that has made this week so great is that we've made bigger strides in the sleep area. We've sort of gotten ourselves in a great routine. She typically has been falling asleep around 9pm. Anna will then wake up to eat around 11. The last few nights she has then gone from 11 until 4am. Then she'll wake up again to eat. After that she usually has been waking up around 7 each morning. I feed her, and then if I lay her back down, usually she will go back to sleep for an hour or 2. So, then I start getting her up around 9. I feed her again, change her clothes (although, we did have a day maybe 2 that we had pajama day!). I've been trying to read a Bible story to her in the morning, and if she makes it through the story without falling asleep, I also try to read her another story.
We play a bit... although, it's slow going. We've gotten good use out of our play mat. She likes to spend time swatting at the toys... but a lot of the time, she just swats and randomly hits the toys, usually a toy that she ISN'T looking at. hahaha... then I will flip her over for a while, and we do tummy time. And believe it or not, it's not that traumatic.
She will usually eat again around 11:30 or 12 (depending on when she actually did eat). But, after she eats, Anna will generally take a nap. Granted, she has been falling asleep in the swing. (We're working on it! So, don't judge me. Baby steps... baby steps. After we establish a routine, we will work on getting her sleeping where we need her to be sleeping.) She will generally sleep for 3 hours in the afternoon. So it's a nice time for me to eat lunch, watch some tv, blog, surf the internet, shower, laundry, dishes, or prepare dinner. It's a nice little break. Plus she seems to do really well with this routine we've fallen into. :-)
During the day, other than her nap time, she is still eating about every 2-3 hours. Which is evident by the fact that as of yesterday she was 10 pounds 4.5 ounces. What can I say, she has her mother's uncanny ability to gain weight. Poor girl! (Sorry sweetie.) However, this 10 poundages brings us happiness because back when she was 6 1/2 pounds, the doctor said that the "magic number" tends to be 10 pounds. That's when they seem to sleep for longer periods at a time. Oddly, it seems to be true.
I also love that we have been seeing far more smiles this week! I LOVE IT!! She's such a cutie pie. Her sweet gummy smile just makes me sooo happy!! I could look at her little gummy smile all day!
Today we have her 2 month doctor's appointment. I am NOT looking forward to it since there will be vaccinations involved. Luckily, Anna has the greatest daddy in the world. He's going to come with us... so when that comes up, I can go for a walk! (I'm a pansy, I know!)
All in all, I just love our little girl! Each day, I get to look into her beautiful [still] blue eyes. She has been such a blessing to Jeremy and I.... while testing both of us in many areas, she is such a joy. I still cannot believe that she has been here turning our lives upside down for 2 months now. Each day, she seems like she's growing more, and doing more. Some times it seems like she learns something over night! (Again, by learning I mean going from not swatting toys, to now swatting at them. Not smiling much to smiling a whole bunch!!)
All right, well that's it for now, I have to get ready to head out to our appointment. (Prayers are appreciated!!) I'll also leave you with some pictures!
Love it!
picture-taking difficult. But it's still
cute with her half-smirk.

No comments:
Post a Comment