Anna

Friday, February 3, 2012

7 weeks old







As I sit here watching my beautiful baby girl in the swing, it's hard to believe that 7 weeks have gone by. Sometimes I even sit back and think about what I was doing this time last year. Seems crazy to me, that now I get to enjoy being home, and oooo-ing, and ahhh-ing over the cutest little girl I've ever seen. God has been so good to me.

This week has been a great week! It is, by far, my favorite week yet!

We've made some great strides in the sleep department. While, we're not "great" yet... we're getting there. I would high-five my little munchkin if I could, because she has been doing a lot better. Also this week, we've been having her sleep in her crib. YIKES!! On Monday & Tuesday, I slept in the room with her. On Wednesday, I started out in our room, then in the middle of the night she just wouldn't really settle, so I ended up sleeping in her room for a few hours... and then I went back to my room. But, last night, I slept in MY room the whole time!! She slept from 12:30-3:30, and then from 4 (although, it was on and off til 4:30) til about 7 ish. Then today, Anna was up from 7-10. Now she's sleeping... So, see what I mean? We're definitely making progress. (The picture below is of her in her first night in her crib.)

Anna is definitely growing! In our weekly weigh in, she was 9 pounds 5.5 ounces!! Hmmm... she's getting big. Although, the doctor said that 10 pounds seems to be when they go for longer stretches. While I'm not interested in her growing up too fast or getting overly big (someone has to carry her around...) I am interested in the "going longer" periods between meals... especially at night (see above). Also, she is in 0-3 month clothes now... for the most part. A lot of her outfits are a mix and match of newborn clothes and 0-3 months. Most 0-3 months are comfortably big on her (especially the pants), while newborn clothes seem to be a wee bit small. However, she is still fitting just fine in the newborn undershirts we put on her. Figure that one out!

She also had on her first pair of real shoes this week. They were cute! Really, teeeeeny, tiny, but Oh-so-cute! Although, I wasn't a fan of them being actual buckles. But Anna cooperated just fine in her sleep while I fiddled with her feet.

Anna had her first trip to Marc's this week. It was a good experience for the both of us. I tried to clip her car seat onto the seat portion of the shopping cart. However, the way the carts there were designed the poor little thing was practically laying on her head. So, I had to stick her car seat IN the cart. This is where it was a good experience for both of us... you see, when you have a baby in a car seat IN the cart... it severely limits how much stuff you can put in that cart. And as most of you may know, with the hodgepodge of stuff at Marc's, you never know what will jump in your cart. I made it out of Marc's grocery shopping for the week in under $35. Go team Anna!

Well, that's about all I can think of for this week. So, thanks for checking in on us!!

No comments: