Anna

Monday, August 6, 2012

33 weeks

Girls are so much fun!!  Finally her hair is getting long enough!!
Auntie Katie gave her a "spout"


We were rockin our pretty dress with cherries on it.

Later that day, Anna and I got locked out of our car... we took pictures while we waited. 



Smiley girl.

On our way to see Auntie Katie in Lynchburg.

Playing on Auntie Katie & Uncle Todder's bed... happy as a clam.

Then we got all tuckered out!  A little nap time.
Dinner with Auntie Katie.  (Look at that baby belly!!)

Well, this past week was super busy!

Anna and I went around Monday looking at joining the YMCA (think Mommy/Daddy & me swim classes!  The gym and childcare is a perk!).  However, as the picture above shows, after we got our tour... we went out to our car to discover we had been locked out.  Boo!  So I did what any sensible wife would do... I called Jeremy, who called AAA.  In a complete surprise... we were only locked out about 20 minutes!  So, yay AA, and thank you!!  As my sister pointed out, too, we were fortunate that Anna was with me, and not locked IN the car.  So, thank you Lord, for your protection.

Monday night, Anna slept horribly... Tuesday morning we discovered that she had a fever.  So, I went into hypermode... since we were supposed to leave Wednesday to see my sister in Virginia.  Well, I've known for some time that Anna has been teething.  But, Tuesday it was occurring hardcore.  She had a fever (not too, too high), she was drooling like a faucet.... but other than that, she was her normal happy self.  So, we made several calls, postponed our trip til thursday, and just "watched her"... in the evening her fever started going down.  So, when she woke on Wednesday I took her temp, and she was completely in the normal range.  So that sent us into a whirlwind.  We decided to leave that afternoon.  (Yikes!!  I thought I had a whole extra day to pack and get last minute stuff together.)

We arrived in Charleston, West Virginia on Wednesday evening... we had a good drive, and just happened to miss the President's motorcade.  (Yay, because the other side of the freeway was completely stopped waiting for his arrival.)  We spent the night, and then drive the rest of the way to Lynchburg, to see Auntie Katie.

We were there Thursday through Sunday (we left in the weeeeeee hours of Sunday morning), and got home Sunday afternoon.   Anna and I had a whole bunch of fun staying at Auntie Katie and Uncle Todder's home.  Thanks for sharing with us, guys!  It was a blast!!  We miss you tons already!!

That was last week... this week will be just as busy if not busier than last week.

Here's our basic stats...

Her sleep is definitely hit or miss.  However, we are working on a "routine reform" as I call it.  I'm trying to get her in a good groove, and be consistent... my hope is that she will sleep better at night if her day is more consistent.  So... we'll see.  Last night she didn't sleep that badly.  So maybe it just was the stinky teeth (which aren't in yet), and not just bad habits. 

Anna is in mostly 6-9 month clothes, but can fit in 3-6 month clothes too.  She is still in size 3 diapers, and I imagine it will be this size for quite a while.  I didn't get her weighed this week, so I don't know how much she weighs but I would venture to say it's 17-17 1/2 pounds. 

This week, Anna started babbling "mamamama"  So, we're going with it!!  Occasionally we get a "dadada." So we're headed into the babbling talking stage!  hehehe  Yay!  I love to hear her little voice.  We are still attempting to do baby sign language... so hopefully we'll see some of that in the future as well.

Anna still isn't crawling, but she definitely gets around.  She rolls all over, or she spins her self around (sitting or lying down) to get to us, or a toy, or just to switch her position.  She is getting closer to crawling, and can do an army type crawl if she wants... but that isn't often.  She regularly gets up on her hands, or her knees, but never both.

This week's first (depicted in her picture above) Auntie Katie gave her a decent "water spout" ponytail!  hehehe... SOOOOO cute!!

Anyway, that's about it... thanks for reading!


1 comment:

J Boyd said...

Also had her first sleep over with her cousins :)