Anna

Monday, August 13, 2012

34 weeks old

On Friday, we had dinner out on our deck.  It was a beautiful night.
We went to a baseball game on Tuesday afternoon with Grandpa & Grandma C.



One morning it was really nice out, so we ate breakfast outside too.

Anna helped me shop for a bridal shower gift.

We had coffee and donuts with Miss Lindsey on Saturday





Despite the concerned look, Anna loves being held by her Aunt Kimmee.
Just before I took this picture, she was smiling and laughing.



This week was pretty busy for Miss Anna Banana and I.  We went to 3 baseball games, and Anna did well at each of them.  Other than the day game, we left a little bit before the end of the game, so she was happy the entire time.  As it got later, we left early.  That kept the world happy!

Anna did very well last week, except for the sleep department.  We seem to have taken a huge step backwards... some night sshe wakes up every 2 hours.  To say the least it is exhausting.  I am trying new strategies to see if we can help right the wrong... and please... keep your strategies to yourself unless i ask.  It is very exhausting, and quite discouraging at times to hear "how I should do things" to help her sleep better.  Some babies just aren't great sleepers.  Anna is a pure delight all the rest of the tie, this is her flaw.  The Lord is definitely using it to grow me, and show my dependence on Him.  It is by His grace, that I am keeping on.  We take one day at a time.

Anyway, here's the run-down of our little lady.

As discussed sleep is a definite issue... we had one day that she slept for 4 hour stretches... other days it was regularly up every 2 hours (or less some nights).  We are using some other strategies to see if we can get her to sleep longer.

Anna is in 6 month clothes, or 6-9 month clothes, but I put her in some 3-6 month clothes as well.  However, I will be phasing them out soon...  I just haven't yet.  We did discover that size 1 shoes are too small, and so we've started putting her size 2's on her.  Those are still quite large, but they stay on her feet.  She is also still in size 3 diapers, and I think we'll be in them for a while.

Anna is still eating during the day every 2-3 hours.  But, if she is napping, she sometimes goes longer... now if we could only get that to happen at night!  Ha!  I do not know how much she weighs, but hopefully we will have her weighed this week.  I did have a breakthrough with solids... she seems to like to eat food she can grasp, and feed herself.  She ate some banana chunks,  grilled zucchini spears, and some chicken as well.  She still likes her Baby Mum-mums... although she doesn't seem to keen on the banana flavored ones. 

Anyway, I think that's about it.  Our little girl is getting sooo big!  We love her so much!  She is the perfect addition to our family, and we thank the Lord for her!

Thanks for checking in on us!!


No comments: