![]() |
| Morning bath time. |
![]() |
| Who me? |
![]() |
| Gotta love that baby bod! |
![]() |
| Enjoying a Captain's game with Aunt Kimmee! They really do LOVE each other. |
![]() |
| Grandma let me chew on her sweatshirt strap. (Guess their are perks to being the 1st grandbaby) |
![]() |
| I caught you taking my picture, Mom! |
![]() | ||
| This week, I spent some time going through her clothes, and packing up the ones that didn't fit any more |
Well, it has been a while since I've actually blogged on her weekly birthday... so, rah rah to me! We seem to have gotten a lot of our technical difficulties worked out with my computer and phone. So, hopefully the blog will once again be full of pictures.
I realized that with today's birthday, as of 7:28pm Anna will have been OUT longer than she was IN. Haha... What a milestone, Anna! And, I sit here and smile as a type that. My how our little princess has turned our lives upside down in soooo many ways... but, I couldn't imagine life without her at this point.
Anna has been doing well this week. We have done A LOT better in the sleep department this week. Anna will usually wake sometime between 2:30-4am to eat. Which, sure I'd love to sleep through the night, but if she isn't going to sleep through the night, waking up half way isn't bad. A lot of days this week, she even slept til 9 as well. So, I really can't complain. Now, we have had a hard time getting her to go to sleep... she has just been WIDE awake at times... ya know til 10, 10:30, 11ish... crazy. She was still happy as a clam, and a sheer delight... but just "not tired." We survived. And, since we're not waking up every hour to two hours (or less), I am doing much better all around as well.
As I mentioned in the captions of the pictures above, I spent quite bit of time this week going through her clothes. (Man, does that girl have clothes!!) I was sorting them, and putting away the ones that are too small for her, and pulling out others that would now fit. Some were so sad to put away.. they were my favorites! But, it brings in a new era... and I look forward to seeing our sweet girl grow and grow. I can't wait to see how her personality develops, and what the Lord has in store for her. I know we're just at the tip of of the ice burg... it was a bittersweet time putting some of the clothes away, and remembering each one as she wore them.
I did not get her weighed this week... but I would imagine she is either super close to, or is 17 pounds. She is still comfortably in size 3 diapers (and I'm sure will remain there for a while.).
We have made some headway in the eating solids department. I got Anna to eat some applesauce, chicken, pulled pork, sweet potato puffs, mum-mums, rice crispies, avocado, banana, and grits. She still doesn't eat a large quantity of any of it, and it certainly won't replace nursing yet, but I feel like we're at least getting somewhere with her. I don't believe there were any tears either. :-)
We have been doing some baby sign language with her for a while...I do 3 basic signs... "more", "eat", and "all done/finish" with her. And this week, I am certain she signed "more" and "eat" on 2 separate occasions. She seemed happy when I gave her "more" of what she wanted and when I let her "eat." So, maybe we're on to something.
As far as other skills go, she isn't crawling yet, but she is definitely getting around. Since our entire house is hardwood... she can pull herself or scoot herself around the living room fairly easily... other times she rolls over to help her get where she wants to... she can go forward, backwards, and do a 360 on her belly... no toy is out of reach, really. Last night it looked like Anna was getting really really close to crawling. Anna was able to get up on 3 out of 4 limbs... but then didn't know what to do with it at that point. So... soon. Very, very soon, I fear.
Also, Anna does not have any teeth yet... but I think that will also think that will be very soon as well. (However at 4 and a half months old, I thought it was soon then... so I guess we'll have to see.) I love her gummy smile... and I will definitely miss the look. But, again, I guess it's all part of growing up... :-(... Love her!
Anna and I went to a couple Captain's baseball games this week. The season is winding down, so we had to take advantage of it while we could. It was fun, and of course she gets spoiled by her Grandma and Grandpa C, and Aunt Kimmee.
Speaking of her Aunt Kimmee... It is so sweet to see the two interact. It's like they have this special bond/connection. Kimmee LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to hold Anna on her lap. And our little wiggle worm loves to be on her lap. I think she knows that her Aunt Kimmee is one really cool, and special Aunt. Kimmee just grins from ear to ear when she gets to hold her as well.
Anyway, I think that's about it. Thanks for checking in on us!



.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment