Anna

Thursday, March 7, 2013

63 weeks

We started off the 63rd week seeing our favorite Uncle Todd
(to be fair, he's our only Uncle Todd)

Who's holding me?  Oh, yeah, it's you!
Good morning princess!!
Can you smile for me?
Give me some cheese!!


Cheeeese!!

Teeth!!
Cheeeeeeese!

Mommy gave me some spinach & feta pizza!!
Then she gave me some yogurt, which I insisted on feeding myself!

Ta da!!  This is the final look!!  Yes, some of it did make it in my mouth!!

Tryin' on my shades for my beach trip!


Peek a boo!

I like to pull my glasses down, like Grandma Corbett's

Wishing Miss Chrissy a happy birthday!
(And our cousin Chrissy also a happy birthday!!)

Eating a snack

Give me some cheese!!
(as you can see she's getting really good at smiling for the camera!)

                                                  (Video above: features her saying "Grandma")

We had a great time with week 63, for the most part.  We enjoyed a few meals with Uncle Todd while he was in town for work.  This week also brought about some interesting sleep issues... so we spent many nights trying to tweak things here and there... but finally we got back to a decent sleep routine.  Also, this week I could finally say, that while Anna still has a lingering cough, she seems to be back to her old self.  She's eating well, playing hard, laughing, and enjoying life all around!!

As you can see, Anna is doing well eating.  She really does like the spinach and feta pizza that she is shown above eating.  Which is funny because she's never really taken to pizza before when I tried giving it to her.  (but a few weeks ago, she swiped it from my hand as I was eating it at a friends house... and now, it's love!)  She tries a few things new each week, I think.  I have to keep reminding myself to keep giving it to her, even if it wasn't a hit the first time around.  :-)  Most of the time breakfast is her best/biggest meal.

As I mentioned, sleep this week wasn't the greatest.  In fact a few times this week, it was downright miserable.  But, with a little bit of tweaking and brainstorming....Anna now wears a nighttime diaper, gets a snack & a bottle before bed, and gets 1.1 mL of her pepcid.  The combination of which seems to help her... at least at this moment.  So that's good.  Hopefully we'll keep up with this!  She usually goes to bed around 9, and will sleep til 7:30/8am sometimes later (if the conditions are right!).

Anna still isn't walking, but she's becoming more daring!  She is still pretty cautious about falling though.  She will fall on the couch, and she will fall on her bed or our bed... but she prefers not to fall on her butt on the floor.  (It makes her sad!)   Anna will push anything that will push, and walk behind it.  So, she's definitely showing signs that maybe in the next few weeks she'll be walking.  Again, it's not that she doesn't ahve the ability to walk... she just doesn't walk.  She doesn't like to fall!

This week, I officially weeded out all the 6-9 month clothes, except for 2 outfits (that are still large.. maybe mislabeled?).  So, she's in 12 month clothes only!  It's amazing how many outfits were still 6-9 month clothes.  There may be some consignment shopping in my future to get her some spring-like clothes for our beach trip at the end of the month.  Anna is still in size 3 diapers, but I think it won't be too long before she's in size 4.  Even though, size 3 goes up to 27 pounds, size 4 starts at 22... so we're almost there. :-)

Anna continues to be a chatter box, she mimics many words, and will give a lot of words a try, even if it doesn't quite come out the same.  It's super cute!  She adds so many words each week, I don't think I can keep track of them now.  Although, it's interesting to note that some words she does not "complete".  Example?  Duck and Dog are pretty much the same word (distinguished by pointing to either a duck or a dog).... but both come out "duh".  So, I keep working on her to encourage her to say the whole word, not just the beginning.  She also does this with "Bob" (the tomato from Veggie Tales) and says "Buh" when it comes on.

Anyway... that's about it for now!

Thanks for checking in on us!!

No comments: