Anna

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

64 weeks

Hello, in there!!
She was afraid she would miss something... and didn't fall asleep
for the entire hour and a half car ride.
Fun, at Great Wolf Lodge!
I gave her a wipe, and let her play with it...
She cleaned a milk jug (that has water in it)


She waved it around....
 As a whole, she had a lot of fun with the wipe... and I got about a half hour of work (dishes, dinner, cleaning etc.) done!  It was great!!

After my Bible study on Thursday, the nursery workers gave me a thin mint cookie...
a certain little someone swiped it and took a bite.

She is actually wearing far more than she actually got!

But, she's so stinkin cute!

I find the video above hilarious!!  I turned out a lot funnier than I would have ever thought.  I wanted to take the video because this evening she actually figured out how to spin around (albeit slowly) on the sit and spin... hahaha... it makes me laugh, so I thought I'd share!

This past week was a pretty good one.  We started out the week going to Great Wolf Lodge on Saturday afternoon and staying the night til Sunday morning.  This was a Christmas gift from our Aunt Teresa.  Boy did we have fun!  We shared a room with Jill & Dawson and kids.  It was a blast, and I had fun seeing all the cousins, and catching up with Jill on our many trips around the lazy river with Anna hanging out with us.  There were many laughs to be had during this time!  (Especially when it comes to tandem tube water slides... and over zealous lifeguards!!)

I took Anna to the doctor on Monday just to make sure that this lingering cough isn't anything.  The doctor listened to her lungs for a long, long time, and then decided we should have a chest x-ray.  No need to worry... her lungs and heart look great!  The doctor put her on children's Zyrtec to see if the cough is more allergy related... if not, it may involve tweaking/upping her acid reflux medication.  We go back on the 19th for her well-baby check.  That also means that we got her weighed.  With her clothes on (add at least 5 or 6 oz I've been told), she was just over 21 pounds.

Anna's sleep improved this week, with the addition of adding a baby food pouch with her bottle.  Although there is a fine line between giving her some, and giving her a snack, and giving her too much... if she has too much... it comes out, in ginormous portions!  UGH!!  But, we've done a lot better with her NOT screaming her head off in the middle of the night for a few hours... so we'll take it for now!!

I tried some 18 month clothes on her this week, and it was pretty big.  The pants were too long, and the long sleeves were way too long... but, I assume it will be like most girl clothes, and we'll just have to play around with it.  :-)  For now, she's still mostly in 12 month clothes... I may try to add to her more summery clothes soon, for our beach trip... but, we'll see how that goes!

Anna hasn't really had anything new this week to eat... but, she is eating pretty well.  I'm noticing that she's really good at eating when she wants, and not eating when she either doesn't want or I assume she is full.  Cheese continues to be her favorite, along with baby food pouches and pretzels.  I do like that she is at least willing to try most things, although some items take her a few tries before she'll actually eat it.  I guess that's the way it is, though, no?

One of Anna's favorite things to do is to brush her teeth.  She loves it when we open the gate, let her climb the steps on her own, sit her on the bathroom counter, and brush her teeth.  The rule is that we (Jer or I) brush he teeth first, and then she gets a chance to do it when we are done.  That usually means she plays with, sucks on and/or bites the toothbrush... it is nice that she likes it!  Oh, and fair warning to anyone, she is also obsessed with everyone else's teeth too!  She'll say "teeth" when she sees yours, and attempt to put her finger in your mouth.  More awkward is when she tries to shove her little burrowing finger in your mouth through your pressed lips!  hahaha

Anna continues to be a talker!  She seems to add words almost every day.  Her favorite word is still "Mimmee" (Kimmee).  She will often greet me in the morning with "Mimmee?" and will look for the picture I have of my mom, dad and Kimmee.  It's really sweet.  She rode around the mall in her stroller with her picture in her hand!  When I would ask her what she had she would respond with "Mimmee."  That included when a mall worker asked her what she had.  :-)  It's so nice to see how much she loves Kimmee.  Children are so sweet and precious!!

I think that's about all for now.

K

No comments: