Anna

Monday, January 12, 2009

What ever happened to......?


As I sit here teeth chattering, and body shivering.... I can't help but ask myself.... whatever happened to Global Warming? I mean, if we're getting warmer and the polar ice crap is melting, then why on earth am I hearing a "high of 10 degrees" on Thursday and Friday. Since when was 10 degrees excruciatingly painful? When was the last time a person got a sun burn on a 10 degree day? Now being a scientist I know that sunburn doesn't mean you have to have warm days... but I know it's all about UV rays. I also know that on Thursday and Friday there won't be any skin exposed to the elements with which to get a sunburn!

Since this is MY blog, please allow me to continue in my ranting. Global warming is silly. First off, we have seen the weather, the "warming" go in a series of cycles. As my husband likes to point out, there is the same amount of polar ice currently as there was when he was born. (LONG time ago. hehehe....) Also, I love that the "so called scientists" aka Al Gore like to pretend that there is scientific evidence out there to support it. As I've told my students, you can find anything on the internet... but that doesn't mean it's true. But then again, he should know that since he invented it. (Ouch! I know that was a painful joke to take, but please... laugh with me.)

So once again, I pose the question... where is the global warming this week? I could sure use one.... or a snow day.

Night all!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm with you girl. I went outside tonight, and I thought my fingers were going to fall off! YIKES!