Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, her sweat glands are starting to develop and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.
Well... that's what the books/internet resources say. As far as things go... we're still fairly normal, and uneventful. I have suspicions that a few nights ago, while sitting on the couch, I felt the baby "flutter"/kick. So that's very exciting. All the books say between now and the next 6 weeks there should be some kicking action. So if this wasn't the real deal, then we'll feel something soon.
We have our next doctors appointment next Monday morning. I'm hoping to hear a nice, delightful, strong, healthy heartbeat.
Now for a little survey to remember this time by:
How far along? 17 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: definitely not sharing.
Maternity clothes? mostly pants... things are just way to uncomfy otherwise.
Sleep: depends on the night. This week we're baby sitting my parents dog... and so we've been getting up super early to go outside and take a potty break... to which she wonders around for 15-20 minutes without any "action"... so that makes me crabby... especially if it's raining.
Best moment this week: People still finding out, and getting the excited congratulations!
Movement: I suspect we have had some baby flutters!!!
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, just food in general. Definitely no weird combos
Gender: We still don't know, but we hope to find out in about a week and a half!!
Name: We haven't even started
Belly Button in or out? Same as always... it's an innie
What I miss: diet coke with wreckless abandon
What I am looking forward to: hearing his/her heartbeat next week, and hopefully finding out the gender
Weekly Wisdom: I don' t know, anyone have any they want to share??
Milestones: feeling potential kicks!!
Anyway, don't forget that the poll is still up. Apparently the world definitely believes that we're headed down the road of amazing pink frills and cute dresses!! Both the poll on Facebook, and on here are suggesting team pink! Guess we'll see. Won't we?
And lastly, I have an appointment next Monday (as mentioned earlier). Please say a prayer for me. The last time they detected glucose in my urine, which could be a sign of gestational diabetes. But after talking with me, it was determined that I had just eaten too soon to my appointment. So, we've been praying that that is the case. Please say a prayer with me that all checks out great at the next appointment. This time, I will not be eating right before I go in... so as to get a better screening. But, those who know me well, know that both my parents are diabetic, so this is of particular concern to me. (Also, the stat for women with gestational diabetes is that they have a 25-50% likelihood of developing diabetes as an adult later on. Fooey!!) So please, say a prayer.
ok, that's it for now!!

1 comment:
Learned a lot from this... Didn't know it was here til just now...
Post a Comment