Anna

Thursday, September 1, 2011

6 years and 21 weeks!!




This is a multi-purpose blog post. (Just fair warning.)



6 years ago, on September 2, 2005, I pledged my love to my very best friend. It's amazing to think 6 years has gone by. We've had our ups and downs, and plenty of learning experiences. But when I think back through it all... it has been worth it!! I wouldn't change a thing as to how our story has played out. God has blessed us beyond measure. I can honestly say that each and every day I respect, love, and appreciate my husband more and more! Thanks, Jeremy, dear, for a great 6 years! Here's to many, many more!!


Now.... what you're really waiting for... a weekly baby update!
This picture was taken at 20 weeks 3 days (so not quite 21 weeks... but maybe this weekend we'll take another... for comparison purposes.)


Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges.

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 6 lbs...according to my last dr. appointment...YIKES!
Maternity clothes? slowly but surely... pants mostly (but I can still wear my larger t-shirts if I want), I had to go up a size to my new altered work shirts...
Stretch marks? Nothing new to note.
Sleep: Better...sometimes it just takes a while to get to sleep
Best moment this week: finding out my sister and brother-in-law will be coming up for a visit this weekend!!
Movement: Most nights when I'm laying in bed... trying to fall sleep.
Food cravings: Food in general
Gender: Girl!!! (Or so they say...)
Name: we really should talk about it... we did talk about a middle name... now we just need to discuss a first name.... but we probably won't be announcing either until she is born.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: sleeping through the night... but I guess it all comes with the territory
What I am looking forward to: meeting Jellee/B-Flatt (I've started calling her both.)
Weekly Wisdom: Get out and do everything you can when you start feeling better!

We're doing great on the baby front... we've spent some time in the past week registering for gifts. So that was fun! Makes things far more real! Anyway, that's all for now! We covet your prayers, so keep 'em coming!!

No comments: