Anna

Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 23!

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

Our baby is doing great! I'm pretty confident that she is a gymnast in the making...especially when I'm trying to sleep. But we love her so much!

Now for my weekly documentation

How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 9 lbs...according to my last dr. appointment...
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? not that I've seen
Sleep: Better...sometimes it just takes a while to get to sleep, I'm starting to wear wrist braces on both hands because of issues with carpal tunnel. Apparently your hands aren't supposed to go numb every time you lay down. (It really makes turning the alarm off more difficult!)
Best moment this week: Feeling a gentle kick from the outside.
Movement: Most nights when I'm laying in bed... trying to fall sleep or simply when I sit still. (Also, see the above note.)
Food cravings: Food in general, but this week I really wanted a yummy bronie.
Gender: Girl!!! (Or so they say...)
Name: we really should talk about it... we did talk about a middle name... now we just need to discuss a first name.... but we probably won't be announcing either until she is born.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely flattening out.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach
What I am looking forward to: baby showers (first one is in less than a month)
Weekly Wisdom: I don't know? Who wants to share some advice?


And now a picture (for you non-facebook friends).It's a little late... but this was taken at 22 weeks 1 day. Soo... sorry, but ya gotta take what you can get. (Not to mention, not such a fan of this picture. It's zoomed in way more than I'd like. but hey... there's always another just around the corner.)

Thanks for checking in.

No comments: