Well, yesterday, Miss Jellee and I had a doctor's appointment.
It started out a little rough, since I had laid down about 2:30 for a little rest time. I wasn't expecting to fall asleep. Especially since my appointment was at 3:30, and I wanted to leave at 3. Needless to say, I woke up at 3:24... it takes 15-20 minutes to get there. So I rushed out the door in a panic. I called the doctor's office to see if coming ten minutes late would be a problem or if I should reschedule. They assured me it wasn't a big deal, and I continued on my way.
I got there about 3:40. So yeah, I was 10 minutes late.
They got me in there, and got me back in a room within 10 minutes.......
And then, I began to wait... I read a magazine that I had brought back with me...
and wait... I read the articles that weren't soooo appealing the first time
and wait....I was offered some water (I chose to use the restroom again instead)
and wait... I went back and even looked at all the advertisements that I had skipped
2 hours later, I finally was seen.
Miss Jellee was measuring in at the correct size (this was actually my first time "being measured"), and her heartbeat was good at an average of 142 beats per minute.
As I was sitting there waiting to be seen, I kept asking myself why I didn't mind waiting sooo long (until my stomach started to growl), and then I realized.... I didn't mind waiting so much since I got to hear my little princess's heartbeat. It's like my small glimpse of her, if only brief.
To top my evening off, I was laying in bed reading last night with my hand on my abdomen, like I usually do, and I felt a little kick!! It was pretty light, but it was definitely a kick!! Then I had Jer put his hand on my abdomen, to have him try to feel it... but it was pretty faint, so he didn't think he could feel anything.
But hey, we're on our way! Yesterday was 22 weeks and 3 days!
Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:
Hooray for kicks!
Post a Comment