Anna

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2 weeks old


I know this post is a bit late... after all pretty soon I will be blogging a about her being 3 weeks old. But, I wanted to get this in here so I don't forget it....Here's some 2 week old stats about little Miss Anna

Anna is sleeping on and off for the most part at night. We wake up to feed almost every 2 hours... sometimes 2 1/2 if I'm lucky. At this point we seem to get our days and nights a bit confused... but I guess that's normal. Some nights she sleeps better than others. So far we seem to have gotten 1 really bad, nearly sleepless night a week.

She loves to be swaddled when she sleeps, although, some nights I'm confident that she is a magician. No matter how well she's swaddled, her little arms come right out! Some nights she doesn't fight it, other nights... she does.

She is still very much in her newborn clothes, and newborn diapers. I'm hoping in the next week or so that she'll be near the 8 lbs that the size 1's say they're good for, because we have a whole heap of size 1's already for her. Not that I want her to grow up too fast at all... but we do have a whole slew of diapers, and clothes for a little bit bigger baby.

Almost nightly she gets hiccups. I did not notice her ever with hiccups when I was pregnant... so I just imagine that all these hiccups I would be feeling inside me if she hadn't come early.

She definitely loves to be held and cuddled. She really loves her daddy time. Jeremy is so good, and so sweet with her. It just melts my heart to see them interact.

She also likes baths, and usually sleeps better on nights she gets a bath. We do not bathe her every night for fear of drying out her skin (she is my daughter... and that is my current battle), even though I sooooo want to. She does not like being cold. So as long as the room is warm, and the water is warm, she doesn't mind bath night so much. Jeremy and I have gotten good, and it doesn't take us nearly as long as it first did. And in the several baths that she's had she's only pooped in the tub once... and it of course, just made Jeremy and I laugh.

At last week's weigh in she weighed 6 pounds 8.5 oz. So she's definitely increasing in weight. Which is good. (Tomorrow we have a follow-up doctors appointment, so we'll see if she's increased any from last week.)

I am constantly taking pictures. In fact, I usually do a picture of the day after we're in some super cute outfit.. and then I text it to family and sometimes friends. (If you wanna be on the daily picture text list, let me know... and make sure I have your number.)

It's hard to believe that I'm posting my 2 week update... and that in just 3 days she'll be 3 weeks old. It's hard to imagine my life without her at this point... even in such a short period of time. We love this little girl soo much. We thank God for blessing us with her each and every day. And amid the poop, sleepless nights, there are so many giggles, smiles, coos, and hugs all around.

We thank you and praise you, Lord for our beautiful baby girl, Anna, who is loved by us, but more so loved by YOU! We thank you for making her in Your image. We praise you, because you are so good to us.

No comments: