So, we're 6 weeks old today. I think it's incredible. This week has met us with some challenges... particularly in the area of sleep, or lack thereof. But, when I get frustrated each time, I just stare into the beautiful deep blue eyes of my little sweetie, and thank the Lord for a healthy little girl. It's hard to do at 3am, but... I still appreciate her.Our sleep pattern this week is sporadic at best. We've had some great nights, and we've had some terrible nights. It's not too stressful except for days when we are trying to go somewhere. Usually, it's somewhere early... ugh, I hate early!
We're still enjoying our baths, as long as the room is warm. This week we discovered that if she's crying a temporary fix is to have Jeremy blow on her belly. Such a cutie!! Guess we all have our quirks. (if I can figure it out, I will try to post a video of this phenomena)
We're starting to spread out our feedings a little bit more. This week, we went for quite a few 2 1/2-3 hour stretches. So, hopefully this will be the beginning of going for a few hours at night even. I cannot tell you how excited I a about the prospect of going a few more hours at night. It's the light at the end of my tunnel. Yesterday, Anna was weighing in at 8 pounds 14 ounces so we're just shy of 9 pounds. Everyone says that 10lbs is the magic number for "longer stretches." I'm optimistic... but, I do live in reality.
This week, Anna and I had our first trip to the grocery store.

Well, I think that's about it. If you think of us... especially as night approaches, please say a prayer for us. The lack of sleep is starting to take it's toll. Thank you!
Thanks for checking in on us...
K

1 comment:
She is SO precious. Praying that she finds her sleeping spot and everyone is able to get some rest. I remember those days very well.
Leveta-- Mom to Chad (bio) 19 Kaitrin 12 and Sam 16 both from India through Dillon International.
Post a Comment