Anna

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

3 weeks old

I will hopefully try to get a "weekly picture" with her beautiful eyes open. Haha... (See I usually remember when we're going to bed, headed to be, or already in bed. Therefore she is always swaddled, and usually asleep.)

Well, it's Tuesday and she turned 3 weeks old last Friday. It honestly is hard to believe that we've had our little munchkin for 3 weeks now (and really at this point we're at 3 1/2 weeks). It still seems so unreal that she's here already, especially when I look at the ticker on the blog... I still say I miss being pregnant, but I am SOOO glad she's here. She's my little buddy. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE love hanging out with her.

As far as this week goes, we've started sleeping 3 hours at a time at night, which definitely makes for one very, very happy mommy.

As of Thursday, she weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces. So everyone all around is pleased.

Last Wednesday, our sweet Anna had a follow-up appointment with her pediatrician Dr. H (who mommy really likes... and for those of you who know me, me saying I like a doctor is a huge accomplishment for any medical professional). Dr. H was pleased with her weight gain -over a pound in 2 weeks! What can I say, I'm a high quality Holstein! :-D Finally, I can see it in her little cheeks, and as she fills in her newborn diapers, and as some of the newborn outfits are getting a little tighter. Of course, she is still swimming in most pants.

Anna really is a joy to Jeremy and I. 3 1/2 weeks... but it's hard to imagine anything else. I find myself saying regularly that I just love her so much. I am completely smitten, wrapped, and head-over-heels in love with this little girl.

Also in her 3rd week of life, she went out to lunch at a restaurant for the first time. That was a huge deal for mommy. She spent most of the time in her car seat, then after a while she got out and was held by daddy and her auntie. She also made the adventure to her Aunt Jill's house to celebrate her cousin's birthday. Woohoo... she was spoiled, and mommy and daddy got to take advantage of it and got a little nap in. (Why not?)

We are avidly working on tummy time. I read that tummy time can be done on the floor or while the baby is laying on your chest. So, we do more of the chest laying thing... it's a fun way to bond with our darling. Anna, at least in my opinion, has very good neck muscles. She can definitely hold it up for a few seconds at a time, and look around... still not sure what she's looking at, but, nonetheless.

Finally, this past week, she got to spend some time in her bouncy seat for the first time (at least for an extended period of time). I think she has a love-hate relationship with it. Mommy and Daddy like it a ton because we can eat together, not in shifts, and eat warm food without having to hold a little girly. (Which wasn't awful, but, we're trying to train her now about good table manners... she has to sit in her seat during meal times.) Of course, she'd much rather be held than in the seat, but what baby wouldn't??

Well, we're making progress, and progress is good. I might even be able to blog about week 4 before it's half over... we'll see, I make no promises.

Thanks for checking in!!

No comments: