So this week was a little more drama than I like. On Saturday, I started feeling a cold coming on. (Sad, too, because Friday night she spent it with my parents... so a night to sleep, and I started to feel a cold. Blech!) So, I did what I could. I bought zinc tablets, I washed my hands like crazy (to the point where they started bleeding), and did my best to try not to breathe on her. And what do you know, Tuesday our little Anna started sounding congested. So, I called the pediatrician's office, just to be safe. I'm not normally a call the doctor for a sniffle kind of person, but since she was 4 weeks early, I thought it would be best to play it safe. The nurse took my info, and had another nurse call us back. That was the funny part because the nurse that called us back was a good friend of ours. Nothing puts a new mom's mind at ease like talking to a good friend... and not just talking to talk, but talking and getting reliable advice. At that time, Anna had a 99.0 fever... not too bad. So, we kept her elevated while she slept, ran the humidifier, used a saline spray, and a nasal aspirator. (And for those of you who know me well, know the nasal aspirator takes a lot for me not to gag. UGH!!) So, I watched her closely on Wednesday. I got really good at taking her temperature. And the little sweetie cooperated well, so that was a blessing. By 3pm, though her temperature was 100.6, and at 100.4 they told me the day before to call back. So I called the doctor. We went to the doctor Wednesday night. Praise the Lord that when they took her temperature, it was coming down. The doctor also said her lungs sounded clear. So we were to continue doing what we were doing. Wednesday night, she slept pretty well... and last night (Thursday) she slept well again. So... hopefully this sleeping well business will last! It's been nice only getting up once in the middle of the night. :-D Now we're all starting to feel better. Of course, yesterday (Thursday), Anna was all smiles. She's soo stinkin cute!! I love the little gummy baby smiles.
Since our week was spent with colds, we didn't really do a lot. So there isn't a ton to update on.
This coming week, Anna will be 2 months old. I can't believe she'll be 2 months old already. (Although I do seem to say that every week. I can't believe she's 4 weeks old, I can't believe she's 8 weeks old. But, even though I say it every week... I still can't believe how quickly time flies.) It's been a crazy 2 months. We've had our ups and downs... mostly ups... we've had our good nights, and our TERRIBLE nights. But, we've triumphed, and patience and perseverance is paying off.
This week, even being sick, she's done a few more "regular" stretches of 3-4 hours. I really could get used to it. I like sleeping a little bit longer rather than the every 2 hours she was doing. Ahhh, this is the bliss all people with children talk about. Who knew 4 hours could be sooooooooo delightful?! It spoils a person, really.
Well, that's about it... a relatively uneventful weekend other than 1 trip to the doctor's. Now I'll end it with some pictures. Enjoy, and thanks for checking in on us!!
She's a good eater! We didn't go to our normal group on Thursday, but I did have them weigh her at the doctor's office. She now weighs 9 lbs, 10 oz. Grow, baby, grow!!

Look at this cute little face!!
Look at this cute little face!!
She caught me with the camera!! She loves her play time with her daddy!! He's so good with her!

1 comment:
She is certainly a mama's girl :) Love you guys! She is just too cute for words! And I think you should sing to her all night tonight :)
Post a Comment