Anna

Friday, March 2, 2012

11 weeks and wonderful!


Well we're 11 weeks old now! I love it!!

Anna is starting develop quite the personality! She's figured out how to con her grandpa on Wednesdays into holding her the entire time. Such a little bug!! Haha Even in the pictures above, you can see a little bit of her amazing personality. She's such a cutie pie & very sweet natured.

She's been doing at least 3-4 hour stretches at night... it seems that she wakes up between 3-4am, and then will sleep until about 7. Now, if I feed her, and lay her back down (and most definitely if I put in her in the swing so I can get ready) she will usually go back to sleep until 8 or 9.
As you can see, she is smiling a ton! It is pretty easy to get smile out of her too! I LOVE IT!! Occasionally she makes this noise that we call a laugh. I'm not certain it is just yet, but it's really cute...and as first time parents, it's nice to think we can make our little girl laugh just by being silly. She definitely likes it when I read a book to her (although she usually falls asleep by the end of the book haha), and really likes when I sing songs.
All I can say is "what a cutie pie!!" I get this look regularly. It's almost as if she's saying "Really, Mom? I can't believe you just said that/made that sound/made that face/did that dance...etc."

This past week she has really taken a liking to the play mat. She swats at the toys quite a bit, and sometimes actually looks at the ones she's swatting. She seems to be enamored with the "other baby" in the mirror. The other night, I was getting her bath ready, and I asked Jeremy if she woke up (she was sleeping a little bit), and he looked over and this what he saw. Instead of swatting the toys, she was chewing on the toy! hahaha... I even got a good video of it. It made me laugh a lot! She was really chowing down on the toy. What a cutie!! (are you tired of reading that yet?)


Our little girl is now just about 11 pounds. Yesterday at the group she was 10 pounds, 15.5 ounces. So we've slowed down a little bit, but we're still gaining weight. I must admit, I'm ok with the slow down. I was afraid I'd have a 80 pound 4 month old at the rate we were going! We're still gaining weight, that's the important part. I must say that I was a little disappointed. I'm usually pretty good at guessing her weight. It was 2 weeks since she'd been weighed, and I went in very confident that she was 12 pounds, or at least very very close to it. But, we've still got some growing to do, I guess!! We're moving her into size 2 diapers. They seem to fit. So, I guess we'll just keep going with that. We're almost done with all our size ones we got before she was born (or shortly thereafter), so we're ready to use our size 2s. I guess she's a little bit "small" for them, but they don't seem overly big, so, I think we'll be safe.

She still likes tummy time, but not as much as she likes being on her back on the play mat. She prefers tummy time to be when I'm laying flat on my back, and she's laying on her tummy. We're still working with her on grasping objects... she doesn't like things in her hands. I know that will come... but I am trying to teach her as best I can... even though she's little.

Well, there isn't much more to say. I'm going to try to get in a little nap while she's napping. So, thanks for checking in on us!! Hope everyone has a great week!!

K

2 comments:

J Boyd said...

I'm impressed you took a picture while NCIS was on :) Kidding... Love you! And no we don't get tired of hearing she's a cutie! At least I don't because I agree!

Leveta said...

She is so precious! I love her smile and those little chubby cheeks,
Leveta