Anna

Saturday, June 30, 2012

28 weeks

I'm 28 weeks old!!

Enjoying some time outside, even though it was super hot.

Practicing our sitting up on our own. She did well.

This is how we started....

Moving...

"I'm gonna get them mom!"

"What?  I can't get my feet?  What are they there for?"

"haha!  I got them!"

She has finally figured out exactly how the jumper works!  She can jump in it for a long time!!

While trying to get her to "like" her carrots, I decided on a new approach... set it on her tray, and let her feed herself.
This is how it turned out.... she did get some in her mouth, but mostly played... and that's ok too.

Some DID get in her mouth, I promise.

Now, Jeremy made an interesting observation... he said she's cleaner feeding
herself, than she is when WE feed her.  Interesting.... and TRUE.  Hmmmm

Someone wanted to Skype their Auntie... Her daddy should be proud. She already
likes the computer, and is taking it over!  hahaha

Her Nana gave her some "rice rusks"... so I decided to see if she wanted one... she didn't hate it, and yet
didn't love it either!




Well, we are 28 weeks old.  Each day she gets more and more fun, and I find myself laughing more and more.  I love her silly personality.  I know that "class clowns" tend to be the "baby of the family,"  but, Anna definitely has the potential.  She is SUCH A HAM!!  We love her so much!!

This week we have made great strides with sleep, particular naptime sleep.  I purposefully didn't make too many plans this week... so we could kind of get back on track.  Each day, Anna has take a morning nap, and a longer afternoon nap.  The morning nap was usually about 10:30/11-12/12:30, and the afternoon nap was about 3/3:30- 5/5:30.  Then she has had her last meal around 9, and then in bed after that... usually about 9:15-9:45.  A couple times this week she has gotten up about 1:30/2:30, but I sent Jer in there to settle her, and then she'd sleep til at least 5:30 or later... then I'd feed her and go back to bed.  We'd wake about 9.  So, that seemed to be a good enough routine. Now if she wakes up a little earlier or goes down a little earlier, it seems that everything else shifted too.

This week we finished up our size 2 diapers, and moved Anna into size 3 diapers.  We had a bunch of size 3 from before she was born, so I decided to see if she fit... she did, therefore we went with it.  She is in the tail end of 3-6 month clothes, and sometimes the beginnings of 6-9 month clothes.  This week she weighed in at 15 pounds 15.5 oz.

As far as the food front is going... Anna would still prefer we NOT give her food.  I have never seen so much drama in my life (and I worked with Jr. High girls for the last 4 years!).  She doesn't mind it so much going in, although, would prefer that not happen too, but when the food seems like it's going to "go down the hatch" that's when the gagging starts!  haha... so dramatic!  I did decide on Thursday to put a plop of carrots on her tray and see what happened.  She definitely didn't gag (as much) then, and did get a few in her mouth.  Yesterday (Friday) I gave her a rice rusk to feed herself... and she only gagged once (when it went to the back of her mouth), but eventually finished most of it.  As a whole, she still prefers to nurse, than eat.  I'm not going to force it.  She'll eat when she's ready (as long as she's ready before she's 1... haha!)

Well, that seems to be about it.  Thanks for checking in on us this week!!

1 comment:

Kari Kinsey said...

This is what I know from nannying. The gagging has nothing to do with the fact that she doesn't LIKE it so much as the texture is just really different and she's not used to swallowing something of that thickness/texture. Jackson (the baby I nannied for) would gag all the time and he wasn't chocking and he would go back for more but it was the texture. Good luck!