Anna

Friday, November 2, 2012

46 weeks old

New jammies that Aunt T gave her.
On Tuesday, after the terrible storm Sandy came through, Aunt Jill (and family) came to play!

Giving Uncle "Dason" the look!  (This picture makes me laugh every time I see it!)


Aunt Jill wanted to get pictures of me with my cousins.. here is my buddy, Bryant.
Playing, tuckered me out....
Got a picture with my oldest cousin, De
And my other buddy, cousin Valerie.
Apparently they played too hard too... (Thanks Aunt Jill!)

Apparently Valerie was mid-play when Aunt Jill took this picture.





And even cousin Deanna got in on the nap fest.


Trick or Treat!!  (Mommy dressed me up as a cat!)

Well this was a busy week.  We had awful weather, as far as that goes.  Really, it rained all of week 46.  It started Friday, and culminated with the parts Hurricane Sandy bringing devastating rain and winds to the region.  Our little trooper did well though, and since we only lost power a little bit, twice, we weren't really put out.  The winds did howl... and I think it woke her up a few times.  I just played her cd a little louder to help drown out the wind.  As you can see we made the best of the situation, in that we got to see cousins, Deanna, Valerie, and Bryant on Tuesday because their school was cancelled.  It was fun, because Aunt Jill & Uncle Dawson, Nana and Papa came over too!!  And if that wasn't good enough... Daddy got off of work early too!

Anna was a good girl this week.  Her tooth is just comin' on in nicely.  I personally can't wait until it inconveniences her to clinch her jaw when I try to give her medication.  :-)  I am going to work really hard on getting her napping for good stretches in her crib, and put down on her own.... in the next week or so.  We're nearing our big 1st birthday, so.... we can only hope things will work out completely by then.

Anna was weighed this week and weighed in at 18 pounds 2.5 ounces.  That's a pound up from her 9 month appointment.  I think that's pretty good?  This week, I started putting Anna in a few 12 month outfits.  She definitely got her mom's [short] legs. But, all in all, they fit ok.  I think I will be trying to get some of the 12 month sized stash out a little bit.  That way, we can get full usage out of that size.  Anna is still in size 3 diapers... and I think will continue to be in them for a while longer.

Anna is still waking up about once at night.  Although, I'm sure she will be unhappy to find out that her dad and I will probably just start ignoring her when she cries at night... or as a friend suggested, we may try to just "wean" her night time feedings til we're no longer needed them.  I guess we'll have to see... cold turkey or  night weaning... I'll keep everyone posted.  I'm not comfortable with this, since we have her "problem" of acid reflux now under control... or at least improved.

Since I mentioned eating.. Anna is still doing well eating.  She likes to try whatever it is that we are eating  (and I often give it to her if it doesn't have one of the [many] high allergens in it, including nuts, wheat or eggs).  Anna still likes to eat the baby food from the pouch, and has a strong liking for veggies that taste like fruits.  :-)  Smart girl.


No comments: