![]() |
| Love these toothy smiles! |
![]() |
| She's really showing off the tooth here! |
![]() |
| Who me? |
![]() |
| Such a cute pose. |
![]() |
| We installed a baby gate separating our dining room from our kitchen... yay, baby jail! |
![]() |
| This picture was taken a half hour before she was supposed to have pictures taken. |
![]() |
| I was trying to decide if she should have the headband or not... we did some of each. |
![]() |
| We met Santa this week. (Without the headband) |
![]() |
| Happy Thanksgiving!! (don't mind the red chin, she bumped her chin on the crib in the morning) |
![]() | |||||
| We stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's house on in the evening on Thanksgiving There were a lot of older people, so it was really hot. Mommy let me take my dress off. No pants Thursday!! |
![]() | |||
| I love to sit on Aunt Kimmee's lap. Here, I was playing with Grandpa, making faces or something like that. |
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We have so much to be thankful for! I am so thankful for my wonderful family... both my little family of 3, and also my parents, grandparents,sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, an entire set of in-law family, pseudo relatives.... I am grateful for each one of them. They have invested in our lives in such an amazing way. It is such a blessing to think about these people that the Lord has brought into my life. We hope you had a great Thanksgiving with family and loved ones.
This week we have started to get full swing in the Christmas mood... well, at least as full swing as I ever get. Anna got to meet Santa Claus and had her picture taken with him. He was very good with her. I was impressed. (Thank you JC Penny for having Santa there. It was a good first experience.) Anna especially liked when he read the book to her. :-)
We had a marvelous Thanksgiving. We got to see both sides of the family.... and it was fairly warm here too, so at both homes Anna got dressed down to her skivvies.... and loved it! That girl HATES to be hot! She also got her first dose of grandma mercy... what do I mean? We were talking around the table, my mom, my aunt, my cousin and myself... and we looked over only to see Miss Anna playing in what now was a puddle on the floor, that used to be the dog's water bowl. She was soaked, the floor was soaked... but in the words of grandma "she had a good time." (And did look pretty cute splashing in her mess... But even still).
Anna also did well today when we went out shopping... usually I boycott Black Friday shopping, but for some reason this year, I was in the mood to just get it done! So, we went out. We practically bought out the Babies R Us store when it came to diapers and wipes. We went to the the Christian Bookstore... then ran into Grandma & Grandpa Leeper & Aunt Launi... so then we had lunch. I brought Anna and Jer back so Anna could get a nap, then I braved the mall. YIKES!! All in all, it was fine... and I'm pretty sure I'm done other than some odds and ends, and some online gifts that still need to arrive. Busy, busy, busy.
It's hard to believe that in about 3 weeks Anna will be 1!! Crazy time... all in the middle of the Christmas season. December is going to FLY by!!
Anyway, here's the stats.
Anna is roughly 18 pounds... although she hasn't been weighed in 2 weeks. (maybe 3). She is still in 6-9 months, or 12 months depending on the clothes. And continues to wear size 3 diapers (and will continue to do so since we bought a whole bunch of size 3 today!!)
She slept through the night once this week! Glorious!! But has yet to repeat it since. But, she's still just getting up once... although one night this week she got up twice. (That was not appreciated, baby girl!).
She continues to eat well. I'm trying to cut back a little on the nursing... but she's a hard sell. I think we'll get there...Anna still LOVES to eat from those baby food pouches. Although, this week we've really started to see her little ornery self... as she tries to clear her high chair tray regularly. (This is met by stern opposition by daddy... and mommy.)
Anna is very active. She crawls everywhere! She's gotten fairly fast when she wants to, and can mosey when she wants to as well. She just takes it all in stride, and loves to call the shots. Anna is also very silly, and very giggly when she plays. It makes for a very, very fun day when I get her all day to myself!! hahaha!! Giggles are my favorite thing to hear. Her belly laugh is infectious!
Anyway, I'm cutting this short because tomorrow is family pictures!!! And I need my beauty rest! (Besides, the boring stats are really for my future needs anyway... )
Thanks for checking in on us!!

















3 comments:
So I saw BR'Us had their diaper brand for super cheap. Did you guys get those???
I've heard that when babies are knocking all the food off of their trays it's them saying they're done. So I'd just try to see her start to do it and snatch the tray away and say 'ALL DONE!' That's what I did with the baby I nannied. Maybe that'll work. Now if she's doing it right away when you put the tray down...well best of luck to you!
Also how exciting that she slept through the night one night!! YAY!!!!
I love the Santa pics! She's too cute!
Yeah, we got the maximum amount of diapers and wipes at BRU.
And yes, she is hit or miss with the 'clearing' the tray bit. A lot of times it's right away... sometimes it's after she's eaten some... and when she does that if she's eaten some, we take the tray away. We have been working with her to either say "all done" or sign "all done." Sometimes she does it... She's just not huge on food... or at least table food. She still LOVES uhh... me. (Which is going to make the weaning process a little bit more difficult I fear.)
Do you like the BRU brand diapers? I read some bad reviews on them but DANG they were cheap this weekend! We really like Target and Walgreen's diapers but I've been afraid of the BRU ones. Let me know!
Good luck with the weaning. And don't feel guilty for going past her first birthday. I think it only gets weird when your kid can ask for it when you're out in public! ;-)
Post a Comment