Anna

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blog Worlds Collide in Charlotte!

On our way back from the beach Jeremy and I were able to stop over in Charlotte for the evening. We had an amazing opportunity to visit with our friends the Renstroms. We had so much fun! (Thanks guys!) As always, I took very little pictures. But, really, I'd like to focus on the fact that I did remember to take pictures at all. I do find it interesting that I have more pictures of the people/kids who were only there a short time... in comparison to the children who there there the whole time we were. Hmm.....

This is Eden. I love her precious smile.
I'm guessing it's a good one, because I'm not a guy.
Jeremy made her cry a few times. Hehehe


Bennett (Eden's older sister) wasn't so sure about me taking her picture
so I conned Danielle into taking one with her. I was close to a smile.


There were two other sweet children there Greta & Will. However, I didn't get many pictures of them. :-( Sorry Nat! At first I was totally bummed, that the picture below was the only one I got of Greta... but then I found it rather fitting. Greta is a climber! She climbed I didn't even know could be climbed on. So.... this is her picture that I got of her. She was climbing over the couch.
Renstrom family, thank you so much for the wonderful evening. It was such a pleasure to get to hang out with you on our way back home. Thanks for making time for us. The Charlotte symphony was wonderful! It was a great time to catch up. (Sorry you didn't get to hear so much of it... )

Greta, Jeremy says hi! He had a lot of fun playing with you.

I will leave you with this little story as I end this blog entry. Jeremy and Greta became good buds over the 19 hours we were there. (Jeremy just is wonderful with children.) On Monday morning, Jeremy was eating his breakfast of pancakes and bacon... and he shared a bite with Greta. It was sweet. Well apparently this caught her attention, and it was love. As we were leaving, we were giving our hugs. I squatted down to give Greta a hug... and she was accomodating... and then Jeremy said "Can I have a hug?" She went running up to him... gave him a big ol' bear hug.... and then he set her down. Without prompting her she said "I wuv you Jeremy" . It was sooo precious! Nat, be thankful that we didn't scoop her up and steal her right then and there! We talked about it all the way home!

Thanks for the fun time!

1 comment:

Adam and Natalie said...

Awwwwwww! I love that story! I heard about it later when Mom told me. It was so good seeing you guys! Anytime you want to come back and see the kiddos (and us :)) we'd love to have you!