Anna

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ponder this....

I recently heard this quote... and I'd enjoy some feedback/discussion.

It originally was in reference to adverse situations that come in our life.

"Resignation is not the same as acceptance."

How does that fit in with situations that you may find yourself in? I looked up the definition of "resignation" online, and found in one word i meant "submission". I then looked up acceptance which means "approval". So, we can submit to the fact that our situation is, what it is... but we don't have to approve of it. We just need to deal.

I've also found that a reliance on God will truly help. During a period of time when I was angry at God for my circumstances, I was reminded that it's ok to be mad. It's ok, to tell God how we feel. "He's got big shoulders. He can take it." I think it's all about being real with yourself, and God.

Anyway, what do you think?

1 comment:

Pam said...

When we went through our infertility struggle, I was very angry with God. Yet people made me feel like there was something wrong with me for grieving. It wasn't until I was totally honest with God about my feelings that I began to heal. God can take our feelings, and I think that is awesome. You know I'm not about faking it. Great post.