Our baby is as long as an ear of corn, and he now notices bright lights and may move in response.
Baby's Length: 11.81 in.
Baby's Weight: 1.32 lb.
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
Well... that's what they say about little Miss Jellee online. What I can tell you from this side of the computer is that we are doing well. I'm feeling great, and surprisingly have a little bit more motiviation/energy to do things. (FINALLY) Some days I can even go without a nap. So that's good... sort of... since most of you know how much I love any reason to take a nap. When I need one, I take it (if I can), but now if don't need it as much, I may just lay down a little bit and relax.
Each day, I can feel her kicking more and more. We're still waiting for Jer to be able to feel them. She is just not a fan of anyone putting stuff on my belly (i.e. a hand or the baby doppler), she just seems to run away from those stimulants. She mostly kicks when I'm sitting still, lying down, and especially when I'm about to go to sleep. She hasn't seemed to keep me up so much with the kicking... so that's good as well.
How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 9 lbs...according to my last dr. appointment...
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? not that I've seen
Sleep: Better...sometimes it just takes a while to get to sleep, I'm starting to wear wrist braces on both hands because of issues with carpal tunnel. I'm not seeing so much of a difference yet with them... although the first night was great! I didn't have any numbness at all. However, quite a few nights this week, I've had numbness in only my thumb, and then a few nights, it's been mostly numb.
Best moment this week: Starting our first childbirth class. We're taking the Bradley class.
Movement: Most nights when I'm laying in bed... trying to fall sleep or simply when I sit still. (Also, see the above note.)
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, just food when we're hungry.
Gender: Girl!!! (Or so they say...)
Name:We're going to talk about it tonight, just throwing around idea .... but we probably won't be announcing until she is born.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely flattening out.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach
What I am looking forward to: Jeremy being able to finally feel her move.
Weekly Wisdom: Do the exercises from our class!! haha... they're supposed to help. (Although, right now, they do feel really, really good!! So I do them.)

1 comment:
Weekly wisdom - get an epidural.
Post a Comment