Friday, May 4, 2012
20 weeks and loving it!!
Well, Anna is now 20 weeks old. I cannot believe it! Time just seems to fly by. I hope it slows down at some point...
Anna is such a sweetheart. Her personality continues to develop. She's even more fun to interact with. I still enjoy a making her laugh! It's pretty much the highlight of my day hearing that little belly laugh.
We had our 4 month doctors appointment last Friday. Anna officially weighed 13 pounds 3 oz (I think it was just a difference in scales from the 13 pounds 4.5 ounces the day before) and is 24 inches long. Despite looking like a little chunk, she's actually in the 15th percentile for height and weight. That was really a surprise to me. I'm convinced that all her weight gain goes to her cheeks and thighs!! Ha!
We have taken a small step back, and yet it is nonetheless forward, in the sleep department. This week it has been hit or miss because we have begun not swaddling her at night when she sleeps. This was a big step for her... so far, she has done pretty well. We had one very horrible night, but other than that, it has been par for the course. Sleep, however, has been further complicated by the fact that I am pretty certain she is starting to sprout a tooth. There's not much there, but there is something that feels awfully suspicious on her bottom gum, front and center. So stay tuned for the big reveal! In general, she is still getting up about once a night sometime between 2-6 to eat. Then she'll go back down usually until 8-9:30 somewhere in there.
Anna can still fit in some of the 0-3 month clothes, but we are mostly in the 3-6 month clothes now. Yesterday she was weighed and she came in at 13 pounds 9 ounces. So, she's doing great! Last week we were given the go ahead to give her food whenever we deem her ready. I think we're going to hold off as long as we can, closer to 6 months. But, if she starts to not seem satisfied, or isn't gaining sufficient weight, we may be more open to that idea (or perhaps if that suspicion of a tooth comes to fruition, we may start sooner too... hahaha)
This week our big treat was the amazingly warm weather. Anna and I celebrated with getting a pool. Now, this isn't just your little dinky baby pool... this is a pool that is plenty big enough for me to sit in it with her... it's also big enough for Jeremy to fit in it with us... and if all we wanted to do was sit... probably a few other people too. I got a little carried away. But hey, the plastic dinky pools were about $10 cheaper, so I said what the heck, let's get a bigger pool. I was surprised how well our little princess did. The pool water was fairly cool (despite trying to dump lots and lots of HOT water in there), and she still liked it. We actually stayed in the pool about 2 hours, so by the time we got done it was VERY cold, and she still liked it!
In greater strides, I am also happy to report that Anna did very well with her Grandpa C this week! He even said "I had fun with her today." And THAT my friends is a HUGE step. So, the key to it is to have nice weather and a stroller!! Haha!!
Anyway, that's about all to report for this week. Thanks for checking in on us.
The picture above was taken as I was showing Anna the video message from her Auntie Katie. She LOVES her video messages. I'm not sure she completely understands what was going on... but it sure is a cute picture!! Hope you feel better Auntie Katie!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment