Well Anna Banana is now 23 weeks old. And week 23 was nothing but fun! This week was pretty monumental since she started rolling over from her back to her front. She will often get stuck on the arm that is being rolled on, but she can do it! She rolls over!! Ahhhh!! My beautiful baby is more and more mobile every day! Ridiculous!
Now, the reason that she is pictured in just a diaper and bib in the pictures above is (1) it was really hot that day, and we had a little spit-up issue earlier that morning and so her clothes were in the dryer (2) we don't have a ton of summer outfits in her size (really there's 1 in the 3-6 month size) so, since her original outfit was being laundered, she was in her skivvies, and (3) she's really cute all stripped down, and (4) she likes being in a diaper... so there ya go.
We have been taking advantage of all the beautiful weather we've been having. Anna loves to go for walks... as long as she isn't too hot. She does not like being hot.... but then again, who does? (I guess her Uncle Dawson does... but most people don't.)
![]() |
| Rocking the spiked hair in the morning! |
![]() |
| We love our walks! |
![]() |
| Grandma Corbett took the day off to watch Anna. So after I got done with work, I had to snap a few pictures. Gotta love the baby shades!! |
Anna is, of course, such a joy. She really is. We are so blessed to have such an easy-going, laid back beautiful baby. While teething for the last month has been quite the pain-in-the rear, she is taking it in stride. I am very ready for that tooth to come on in already!!
Anna is still waking up usually once in the night. This week, most of her waking up came around 1 or 2. This is a lot earlier than it had been (4 or 5), but as along as it's only once, I don't mind that much... of course I would love her to sleep through the night consistently... :-) As far as sleeping through the night, she did sleep through the night on Thursday night. It was wonderful!
Anna is still eating about every 2-3 hours. The biggest question I get at this point in time is if we have started Anna on solids... no we haven not, yet. We will. I plan to start her on solids when we get back from our trip the beach. She will be just 6 months old at that point. There are many reasons for waiting, and quite frankly, I don't care if you started (or will start) your little one at 4 months, her daddy and I have decided to wait... so that's that. :-) She'll have a whole life time to enjoy food.
This week Anna weighed in at 14 pounds 11 ounces. So we're growing, growing, growing! She is getting quite the "ham hocks" for thighs as many of my relatives point out. I will be interested to see if she is still in the lower percentiles for height and weight. We don't go back to the doctor until sometime next month. She is still in 3-6 month clothes, but I can still put some 0-3 month clothes on her if I really want to... although, it is a stretch now for some. Although, this weekend we went camping in a cabin, and it was really hot... she still fit pretty well in her 0-3 month summery outfits... so it just depends on what it is. Most of her clothes are 3-6 at this point.
Anna is really doing well playing with her toys. Her hits, swats, and batting is more intentional. It's really fun to watch her play. She likes to play in the jumping center, and on her playmat. She also likes to sit on our lap and play with some toys that we have to play with her. She really likes lights and sounds. What baby doesn't? She also enjoys sitting at the table with us when we eat. As mentioned before she isn't eating solids yet, so we just set some toys on the tray while we eat. It's nice to have her with us, and it's good practice for her.
Anna is also becoming more vocal. We regularly hear her jabbering, squawking, screeching, and laughing. But by far, laughing is my favorite sound to hear from her!!
We love our baby girl so much! She's getting so big! Anna is a ton of fun to play with and be with as well!
Thanks for checking in on us!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment