![]() |
| She's been caught a few times this week on her hands and knees. Not quite crawling, but we are soooo close. (Sometimes she moves her hands and feet) |
![]() |
| After she woke up at 6:30, she spent most of the time crying until it was time to get up at 7:45. (That's why she looks so rough in this picture.) |
![]() |
| Love my little snuggle bug. |
![]() |
| She enjoyed her walk with me this afternoon. |
![]() |
| She still enjoys playing with her sock monkey. |
![]() |
| I put this up again, because people have told me this is by far one of the cutest pictures of Anna. (We get this face a lot more these days.) |
![]() |
| Smile! |
![]() |
| Again, I love this little cutie! |
This week has been a good week. As far as sleep goes, she has made HUGE strides in this department. I will attribute it largely to the vast quantity of people who are praying for us. I also attribute our sleep success to the twice daily dose of pepcid that we give her as well. This week she has been waking up about two or less times... most of the week it was 1 time, and twice (the last 2 nights) she has gone from 10-6, or 10-5. It's amazing how GREAT I feel just because she is sleeping better. I don't feel like I"m dragging as much, and I can actually be productive during the day and not just a lump on the couch feeling guilty for not doing anything. So, sleep this week has been A LOT better. Praise the Lord! I don't know how much longer I could have gone on with the every hour business and hearing her wail and wail and wail. Also, it's great to know as a mom that there was something that could be done and it's not just my own "crappy parenting." I know it defies or odds in that she was "old" to be diagnosed with acid reflux, but it all just seems too "coincidental" to go from horrible, horrible sleep to much much better. (I must note she is on pepcid for a trial basis, and hasn't actually been diagnosed with acid reflux... BUT I'm sure when i talk to the doctor, Anna will be....)
Anna is still in 6-9 month clothes. It's been pretty cool lately, so we've been enjoying all the fun "fallish" clothing. Nothing like a cute fleece outfit, or sweaters on a baby! Anna is still in size 3 diapers and will be in them for quite a while still. I had her weighed yesterday and she was tipping the scale at 17 pounds 7 ounces. (And let me tell you, it is quite a feat to get a squirmy baby to hold still long enough to get a scale to register.... but she's so "go-with-the-flow" that eventually, she holds still long enough for the scale to recognize the weight.)
Our little cutie is doing really well with food. At first it was slow going... more with getting ME in training to get her in her high chair 3 times a day. But now, it's a good habit we have. Anna LOVES to eat anything she can feed herself. I'm also, very proud of the fact that she seems to at least try what I offer her. Although it doesn't usually go too far from there. She just isn't a fan of eating anything off a spoon. Anna does like those "pouches" of baby food though. She knows that if she just puts her mouth/lips on the little spout, we'll squeeze some into her mouth. That works well for us. It's not so messy, and they come in a variety of flavors.
I don't have any pictures of it since I couldn't do it myself... but this week Anna had her first swim lesson at the Y. We loved it! It's actually a 2 part class. We have a 25 minute gym lesson, and then a 5 ish minute of transition, and then a 30 minute ish swim lesson. It was a lot of fun! They have this smaller "instructional pool" that's about 3 1/2 feet in the deep end. We choo-chooed around the pool wall, we practiced turning around, and sliding into the pool on our bellies, we wore life jackets and floated around on our backs and then were on our bellies, we sang songs with motions, and we went down a slide. Anna loved each part. It was a lot of fun. Since Grandma C used to teach these types of classes, it was fun to hear the old songs again, except this time play with MY baby during them. We will be going again this coming Tuesday. This is going to be a long term thing, as I want my child(ren) to know how to swim. It's an important skill to have. So, until we have "watch day" I probably won't have any pictures since there really isn't a good place to set my phone or camera. But, you can use your imagination as to how cute my baby (and the other babies) looked in their teeny tiny life jackets!
Anyway, that's about it! Thanks for reading and checking in on us!!







.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment