Anna

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Posing some questions

So, I'm posing some questions. I'd enjoy anyone's comments... positive... negative... (just be kind).

Are optimists often disappointed? Do they live with the glass half full all the time? Do they sometimes see the obvious as half empty as well?

I've often been accused of being a pessimist by my husband. I use to retort "I'm just being realistic." I always tend to prepare for the worst. Anyone who has seen me pack for a vacation can attest to that.

Is there something wrong with perhaps seeing the other side? I feel that the few times that I've blindly followed the optimistic route, that's when I've been disappointed the most.

I know God's timing is perfect, but, I can't help but wonder if I would have been a little more prepared had I not seen the possibility that the glass was indeed also half empty.

Just a few thoughts. I'd appreciate any thoughts. (Even if I don't know you... that's ok.)

1 comment:

Adam and Natalie said...

Coming from an "optimistic realist": I never really find myself in too much disappointment because I never let myself get my hopes up too high about anything until it happens! I've been convicted though because hope is not a bad thing because God is capable of making anything happen whether it is realistic or not. I just hate being disappointed....:)